Head of Database Solutions
Data plays an increasingly important part of what we do, it drives consumer experiences that build brands for our clients.
Our Data Solutions team provide expertise across database design, administration and development, together with data interfaces, manipulation and compliance.
We have a new and pivotal role to lead the team as Head of Database Solutions, driving excellence in delivery whilst setting direction and motivating your team.
What you will do…
- Be the primary point of contact for all data solutions queries both internally and with our clients
- Provide secure, robust and optimised data systems, ensuring all delivery processes are adhered to, fostering a robust data quality culture within the wider agency
- Work with the Chief Technology Officer and Chief DPO to drive excellence in delivery and ensure DPA and GDPR compliance within all aspects of handling personal data
- Stay abreast of technological advances, research and innovate our Data Solutions offering, educating our internal teams on the un-tapped possibilities
- Develop strategies by which the agency can minimise the risk in its data handling operations
- Guide and develop your team, setting standards for and assisting in training
What you will need to succeed…
- Ideally you will have gained experience in a similar level role, within an ever changing, fast paced environment, or maybe you're already a team lead and looking for a step up?
- Expertise and experience in MS SQL Server and associated tools (SSIS, SSAS, PowerBI) you’ll build high quality data solutions using this technology stack
- Experience in implementation of data interfaces (APIs, ETL, sFTP etc)
- You’ll have a commercial mindset, with proven ability to deliver high quality data solutions that are fit for purpose
- Excellent written, verbal and listening skills are a given, with the ability to communicate clearly at all levels
- You’ll be an excellent mentor, with a genuine desire to nurture your team of talent
- A true passion for all things Data, and the drive and commitment to deliver.
This is us…
We are Prophecy Unlimited, the forward-thinking, Bristol-based agency that thinks life is better when it’s joined-up. From attention-grabbing content that engages people into a brand, to seamless CRM that keeps them there. We are 200 spirited individuals who work with clarity, curiosity and vision to join up the journey from acquisition to advocacy.
Prophecy Unlimited is part of The Unlimited Group, which brings together a unique blend of discipline experts from across 26 specialist companies to offer a world of thinking without limits.
What we value…
Great work stems from a great team. So, we are dedicated to delivering for our clients, and passionate about how we do it. We live our values and have a lot of fun along the way, offering talented individuals a rewarding, dynamic and vibrant culture in which to build careers and friendships. Our values reflect what we believe to be most important as an agency.
• Generosity is the way we think and act and the big heart that unites us.
• Spirit is the positive, fearless and imaginative approach we take to everything we do.
• Clarity is the precision and vision it takes to simplify the complex.
• Curiosity is the need to ask questions, challenge assumptions. To wonder and explore.
What we give…
You get to work in lovely contemporary offices in the heart of Bristol with likeminded talented people who share your passion. Plus, there’s career development and training at every turn, a generous holiday allowance, your birthday day off and early festive closing. You even get the chance to take a volunteer day to support a cause you care about.
We do all the stuff you would expect:
- 25 days’ holiday + Bank Holidays
- Matched Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance and Group Income Protection
- Healthcare Cash Back Scheme
- Interest free travel season ticket loan, Cycle scheme
And we do a few things you might not expect…
We keep you going with fresh fruit, breakfast on us and great coffee. We have a calendar of social and charity events throughout the year, there’s always something going on.
Join us and join in. We make noise. We laugh. We share. We welcome new ideas and new people – including you.
Sound good? If you think you tick all the boxes, please send your CV and tell us why you should join the team.
We will be reviewing applications on Friday 1st June 2018
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
By submitting your CV, you consent to this information being processed and stored, by means of a computer database, or otherwise for the purpose of your employment.
Apply for Head of Database Solutions
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly