Marketing Manager – upto £45K basic
Our client is a global science and technology media brand, covering the big ideas and developments across the world. Their print and digital platforms have an authoritative voice on the ideas improving our knowledge of the universe and those shaping our world and lives. They also interact with their audience face-to-face with events.
Each week their print magazine reaches over 400,000 engaged and intelligent readers who are passionate about the brand, and it’s for this reason they’ve had recruitment advertising since their very first issue in 1956.
Their website launched in 1996 and has steadily grown to become a major online destination for the latest science and technology news and opinion. the site attracts over 1 million visits per week, driven by the high-quality content written by our award-winning editorial team.
The jobs board is their specialist STEM recruitment site, attracting over 100,000 unique users globally. Recruitment site launched in 2008 and has grown to over 300,000 registered candidates looking for a new opportunity.
Job Title & Description - Marketing Manager
A very exciting new opportunity to join the commercial team. Reporting to the Commercial Director, you will be responsible for developing and implementing the worldwide online marketing and traffic acquisition strategy to deliver on company performance and financial objectives for the Jobs board.
Driving digital marketing channels to support sales growth and new customer acquisition in all markets, primarily via (but not limited to) PPC, SEO, Affiliate Marketing, Paid Social and Display. Providing insight into competitor behaviour and new industry developments in order to improve marketing performance.
- Evaluating customer research, market conditions and competitor data
- Oversee existing, and development of new, online channel activity including SEM, SEO, re-targeting, programmatic, social and aggregators/feeds from a performance standpoint
- Collaboration with key teams to ensure correct content and consistent messaging across channels
- Design, track and report on email campaigns to target and drive interest and awareness in their services to key segments of the B2B database, from concept to implementation
- Drive awareness in their products, for the delivery of high value leads to the sales team
- Liaise with external partners where required and build strong customer relationships
- Analyse the effectiveness of campaigns and report against agreed KPIs on campaign performance
Experience / Key Skills
- Solid experience within Online / Media / Publishing
- Excellent knowledge of web analytics (Google Analytics) and Ad Words
- Proven track record in developing innovative email/social media campaigns
- Experience of mapping a customer/buying journey & alignment of automated campaigns
- Understanding of data integrations between CRMs and other systems
- Good eye for detail and strong copywriting skills
- Knowledge of the STEM market advantageous but not essential
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent