Business Development Director - top 20 digital marketing agency
Business development is a craft. Some may call it a dark art, where others see it as a natural set of skills that you are born with and have developed over time.
Whatever your views, when it comes to Business Development Director roles this one is certainly a fantastic opportunity that should peak your interest. Especially if you are wanting to be more than just an employee!
Our client is an well established Digital Agency that has a wonderfully broad client base covering the drinks, technology and entertainment sectors to name but a few, in both a B2B and B2C capacity.
What continues to elevate their success is their ability to mix creativity with data led results. When a client spends a £1 they can except £10 in return.... and unlike some other agencies. This one has a proven track record behind them.
Over the years they have enjoyed natural growth mixed with the joint partners heading up the business development function.
They are now at a size where the founding directors need to focus on internal and client development. Therefore, it was established that as a long term investment that they now require a dedicated Business Development Director who has a solid understanding when it comes to the digital and data space.
This is a great opportunity to create and lead the Business Development function of a growing Digital Agency and make the role your own.
You will already be familiar with the role of a Business Development Director so don’t need us teaching you how to suck eggs so to speak. However, as a top line, below is a shortlist of your key responsibilities.
- From a new business development perspective, the Business Development Director will be responsible for creating and executing new business plans. This includes the establishment of industry target profiles, prospecting, proactively engaging clients, proposal writing / project planning and closing new business opportunities.
- Lead and manage strategy heavy pitch projects
- Solid knowledge of any one of these following areas would be beneficial CRM, mobile apps, web build, data and UX/CX
- Maintaining and developing strong client relationships to ensure the team meets sales targets
- Experience articulating and securing large scale strategic design projects.
- Contributing to monthly sales targets and developing the company pipeline
- Ensure project teams are fully briefed on clients business, objectives and deliverables
- Taking briefs, writing proposals and pitching to C-level executives
In return for your skills and experience as a Business Development Director our client offers a very attractive package, tailored to your experience and level.
- Basic salary range - £70-75k
- Generous commission scheme on any leads generated
- Annual bonus linked to company performance
- Annual training budget to attend conferences
- Company pension scheme
- Possible share options
If you think you are the Business Development Director we are seeking then please drop me a line, Tom Howe, by clicking on the apply button below and including your latest CV.
Apply for Business Development Director - top 20 digital marketing agency
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly