Associate Creative Director - Copy
How many campaigns have you worked and labored on, only to be left scratching your head regarding the effectiveness of the work? At KAYAK our in-house advertising agency combines creativity with insights, analytics and learnings to craft messaging that delivers real results and not just hype. We work quickly and efficiently and believe in rapid prototyping and optimiziation. This requires an objective mindset and willingness to work fast.
For this role, we seek a hands-on creative professional that has extensive experience with creative concepting and copywriting across all forms of brand communications with a heavy focus on (but not limited to) video-based executions (TVCs and Social Media). This position reports to our VP EMEA Creative Director.
Experience working with international accounts/clients is a must-have, as is a strong understanding of European culture, and social trends. Experience working on travel accounts is preferred but not required for this role.
Previous management experience leading and mentoring creative professionals is a requirement for this role.
On a personal level we are looking for an up-beat, positive personality. Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced technology company and possess a strong desire to learn!
Working with our Brand Managers and our in-house creative team to bring strong creative concepts to market in support of our product and brand initiatives. In addition you will be a creative coach and supplier for the other marketing diciplines that create content, specifically PR, content and product marketing.
We are currently developing creative for four different brands: KAYAK, SWOODOO, cheapflighs and checkfelix.
- Creative Concepting and Ideation
- Treatments and storyboards
- Long and short form copy
- Day-to-Day Management and mentoring of Copywriters
- Work closely with designers to create exceptional marketing campaigns that drive results
- Copy edit and proofread various materials as needed
- Coaching of other marketing disciplines
- Significant experience in professional, commercial writing. A strong record in creating immaculate copy that stands out from the crowd. Experience writing award winning TVCs is critical for this role.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills – must be able to convey ideas independently and within a team setting.
- Copywriting skills must be at a native English level to be considered. Fluency in German (and other languages) also welcome!
- A good crafter, quick-acting but a perfectionist. Able to find easy to execute creative solutions.
- Team management skills and strong coaching abilities.
- Deep understanding of the entire digital ecosystem is a MUST!!
7+ years experience working for an international advertising / branding agency.
Our mission at KAYAK is to provide the world’s favorite travel planning tools. With every query, KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages.
And because our team is always on the lookout looking for ways to make travel planning and trip management even easier, we offer a variety of tools and features such as KAYAK Trips, Explore and Price Forecast and are constantly evolving our app, Facebook Messenger and Slack bots, Alexa skill and related A.I. innovations.
In addition to KAYAK, we manage a portfolio of metasearch brands including: momondo, Cheapflights, SWOODOO, checkfelix and Mundi that together process more than two billion consumer queries a year.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- 6 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Free lunch catering 3 days per week
- Public transportation subsidies
- Free German classes
- Free Yoga classes
- Free massages
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Regular team events/excursions
- Flexible hours