Marketing Operations Manager
The sports industry is now a truly global business with GlobalSportsJobs firmly positioned as the leading specialist digital media and talent acquisition platform across Europe, The Middle East and Asia partnering sports organisations looking to either sustain or accelerate growth in both their local and international markets. Our four digital platforms (English, French, German and Mandarin) provide clients with the opportunity to engage directly with 200,000+ professionals across all functions and sectors.
We are looking for an experienced marketing operations professional with a background in Marketing Automation, CRM and data management and a passion for a digital future.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing & Operations, you will be responsible for marketing-related data management and development, including campaign management, reporting, analytics and roadmapping, focused on driving the development of the business’s data ambitions.
You will work closely with the digital marketing team to ensure adherence to the overall marketing strategy while responsible for implementing new processes and structure to increase the efficiencies and effectiveness of our digital marketing activities.
The Marketing Operations Manager is the person connecting our teams and product, operating innovative marketing and data management and providing technical and operational support/insight to our marketing department and wider business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for constructing marketing & operations reporting and monitoring mechanisms, including dashboards, analytics and reports.
- Responsible for marketing process leadership through implementing processes and methodologies to improve effective and efficient marketing/sales output across teams.
- Ownership of marketing technology infrastructure, including managing collaborations with third-party marketing software providers, IT and systems suppliers.
- Manage customer data life cycle. Responsible for audit, process management and optimisation of all data sets to grow the business through sales and marketing activity.
- Develop and manage robust and effective operational marketing strategies to support the development, delivery and measurement of both B2C and B2B campaigns, partnerships and associated marketing activities.
- Responsible for management and development of underlying data structures, flows and analytics to support ongoing optimisation of Marketing Automation opportunities in order to further increase the scalability and reliability of our digital marketing.
- Responsible for technical design, scoping and project planning activities to support business requirements and work closely with teams to define and implement new digital products and features.
- Website management: effective management of platforms (B2B and B2C) to support ongoing product innovation, customer UX and sales/marketing optimization.
- Advise on best practices and provide guidance, training and expertise to functional marketing team members.
- Maintain general system standards for marketing and operational such as managing, auditing, and overseeing directories and assets.
- 4-6 years digital marketing operations experience, with detailed proven experience in digital marketing and data management.
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Previous Project Management experience in a digital / creative / technology environment.
- A passion and demonstrable knowledge for technology, data and analytics.
- Proven experience with digital marketing/CRM/automation software such as Dotmailer, Hubspot, Hotjar, tableau, Salesforce, etc.
- Practical and strategic digital marketing campaigning experience and a comprehensive knowledge of digital channel marketing (social, content, email etc).
- Experience of inbound marketing/sales methodologies and knowledge of implementation strategies.
- Ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels.
- Experience managing in-house teams and third-party relationships for systems implementation and integration.
- Able to manage multiple projects and teams to tight timescales.
- Excellent native English language skills (spoken and written), other languages a plus.
- Experience working with agile methodologies is beneficial.
- Programming and advanced creative suite skills is beneficial.
- A passion for the business of sport.