Sales Director / Business Development Director
Charismatic. Strategic. Leader.
As a Sales Director and team leader, these are just a few of the key words that would best describe you if we were to talk to any of your peers and colleagues.
Our client is an established independent B2B marketing agency that primarily operates within the Tech sector with a focus on integrated, content marketing, digital and telemarketing and has won numerous awards for their campaign successes over the years.
Founded by one of this industry’s natural born entrepreneurs, this particular agency has lead the way through the ever evolving IT and Tech sector and has flourished whilst other agencies have wilted.
Due to ambition and their own client demand this particular agency is seeking a certain type of Commercial Director. Ideally someone who has both experience managing small sales teams as well as working to their own targets. So this role won't suit every Sales Director. And what we mean by this is you'll be taking over the running of two independent divisions with a view to growing the business through their existing client base as well as new business.
From our own research this agency has barely scratched the surface of its abilities and with the right person with the correct experience this could be an extremely rewarding opportunity, both financially as professionally.
To be suitable for this position as a Sales Director you will ideally have the following skills and attributes:
- Proven history of growing a healthy new business pipeline
- Experienced in creating and developing a new business strategy
- Strong team management experience
- Keep abreast of all key competitor activity
- Ability to lead new business pitches
- Attend regular, relevant networking events
- Generate thought leadership content
- Ability to lead and present at seminars
- Have the gravitas to hold C level conversations and gather buy in
- Have experience working within B2B marketing agency, telemarketing or tech firm as a Business Developer or Sales Director
- Able to conduct research and gain market insight
- Understand that business development is NOT a scatter gun approach and have a proven track record when it comes to success
- Understand that business development is a team effort – you are not a lone gun for hire!
- You will want to be part of the agency’s rich tapestry of talent and see this as a long term move
Although the agency is big, the teams experienced, this is NOT an ivory tower moment. You’ll be in the thick of it, wanting to continue this agency’s successes and push those boundaries both creatively and strategically. Its exciting times in this sector with so much going on, its brimming with opportunities.
In return for skills and experience as a Sales Director our client offers a wide salary banding ranging between £80-90k plus generous uncapped commission/bonuses and benefits.
If you think you might be the Sales Director we are seeking then get in touch with me, Tom Howe, by clicking on the apply button below and attaching your CV with a top line overview.
Apply for Sales Director / Business Development Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly