National Marketing Manager
Purpose of Role
To lead the National Marketing team. This includes managing a team of executives, working with multiple senior stakeholders throughout the business to plan and deliver all National Sales marketing material, overarching brand work, product launches and reactive sales activity.
This role reports directly into the Marketing Director, and works with multiple teams across the business including National Sales, Research, Studio, Franchise, Programmes, Finance and the People and Culture Team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Working closely with Marketing Director and National Sales Team to develop the annual national marketing strategy.
- Leading and managing the planning and execution of all national marketing activity, on time and within budget.
- Aligning marketing plans with the overarching objectives of the business, and flex the plans to reflect commercial priorities as required.
- Supporting key sales initiatives (e.g. launches and events) and accompany the sales team regularly on key pitches & presentations.
- Promoting the optimum use of marketing material throughout the business, ensuring relevant material is communicated successfully, and understood both internally and externally.
- To manage three full time marketers, giving clear leadership and making sure they are working efficiently to deliver on time whilst developing their skills.
- Learning and proficiency in key tools such as (but not limited to) ROUTE, WARC, Nielson, TGI, Pardot - ensuring the wider team are trained wherever appropriate to drive efficient workflows across the business.
- Overall management of the National Marketing budget, planning and managing all allocated budget effectively across the year.
- Develop and foster relationships with key marketing teams across Out-of-Home specialists and agencies, aligning plans and leveraging value.
- Encourage and drive creativity across the marketing and sales teams, proactively working with people across the business and industry to drive fresh ideas and thinking.
- Working closely with Research and Studio functions.
- A natural leader - able to brilliantly manage a team with confidence.
- Resilience and proactivity - able to work well with multiple stakeholders across all functions and levels to deliver great work.
- Strong multitasking skills, able to plan ahead and deliver projects.
- Able to work in an agile way - showing flexibility and being comfortable with adapting plans to fit changing commercial priorities.
- Able to build strong relationships across a corporate environment.
- Creative thinking - enjoys a creative challenge and encourages innovative thinking.
- Commercial and financial acumen - can manage budgets with ease.
- Organised with excellent attention to detail.
- Proven experience in successfully leading a team, displaying the skills above.
- Strong experience in commercial marketing roles, preferably B2B.
- Comprehensive, working knowledge of advertising, marketing, media or a related industry.
- Experience in / knowledge of industry tools - for example TGI, Touchpoints, WARC, Nielsen, Mintel, Pardot.
- Educated to degree level preferred.
Team Structure & Direct Reports
Three direct reports: Senior Executive, Executive and Assistant.
Reports to Marketing Director