Head of Clients
We are passionate about talking to you about a rare opportunity to lead our iProspect client facing brand in Manchester. Your role will be to ensure the success of the brand in the market, which at its heart means that our people are inspired to deliver exceptional work for our clients, and the business model continues to evolve ahead of the market to ensure financial success.
- Providing leadership within the business; identifying, engaging and structuring talent to drive client and business performance. Constantly inspiring a higher level of client insight and delivery, driving this understanding and behaviour in others.
- Help to develop and retain the client portfolio and ensure best in top-level client relationship management. Partnering with key clients; deepening our relationship with them and understanding of them, and playing a key role in establishing their communication and growth strategies.
- Successfully assimilate new market opportunities at speed, through insight, ways of working, capability and structure. Develop and implement visionary and distinctive business strategies, in line with global brand vision and DAN North business strategy, for the brand to lead its competitor set in market. Simplify and prioritise on driving through key initiatives quickly and effectively.
- Personal ownership of our achievement of commercial targets and other meaningful metrics. Plan, set up and monitor revenue streams, financial budgets and agree on financial targets in collaboration with iProspect North CEO
- Build effective networks and working practices across DAN North and DAN UK&I. Be a brand ambassador, connecting across internal and external networks to help deliver the operating model, and fully using our marketing capability to build the reputation of your brand in the market. Establish a presence in industry events and conversations, becoming a recognised authority and building a valuable network.
- Active contribution to new business in terms of both lead generation and pitching.
- Improving our specialist capabilities by understanding critical detail from a height and building influential internal relationships which enable you to drive improvement.
- Ensure the team is set up to meet professional standards as a trusted partner to our clients. Ensure all service and commercial aspects of client contracts are met
The Ideal Candidate
- This is about leadership, not management: Building the vision, structure and standards but also the environment for others to feel empowered and deliver their very best work to the client. You will be a credible leader with a natural flair for bringing people together and the ability to flex your style to meet your team and clients’ needs
- You will hold a mature understanding of business strategy which enables you to empathise with and advise our clients at the most senior level.
- You will have detailed experience of working with our core channels (Paid Search, SEO, Social, Display, Affiliates, Data & Analytics, Conversion Optimisation) and be able to combine these capabilities to drive business performance for clients
- You will have the ability to use data to deliver insight and drive decision making
- You will have a sound grasp of commercial management, with a consistent record of delivering commercial growth in a senior business role, including delivering new business.
- You will ideally have a sound understanding of media operations across a range of channels.
- You will have an established network in the marketing industry.
In addition to a competitive salary we are committed to creating a great environment for all our employees. We offer everything you would expect from a large company including 25 days holiday plus the opportunity to buy more holiday, flex your working hours and take 2 paid volunteering days each year to support charitable causes.
We also provide pension contributions, life assurance, free eye tests, season ticket loans, a cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, and a whole host of great local and national discounts from leading retailers that you’ll have access to as an employee.
About the Company
Dentsu Aegis Network is made up of network and specialist brands who deliver best-in-class expertise and capabilities across media, digital and creative communications services. Our strength is our ability to come together to deliver holistic business solutions for our clients to help them thrive in the digital economy.
With consumers more connected, through a range of devices, than ever before, the era of media convergence is presenting many opportunities as well as a new, complex media eco-system. Our expert and data led approach to building, delivering and optimising strategies enables us to truly Innovate the Way Brands are Built for our clients.
Dentsu Aegis Network operates in 145 countries worldwide with over 30,000 dedicated specialists and growing every day. Our operation across the UK & Ireland includes the largest scale agency network outside of London, placing us in a unique position to attract the most talented experts and the most exciting clients without being limited by location.
We value the additional strength that diversity brings to our business and are working hard to build an even more inclusive culture through partnerships with Stonewall, Business Disability Forum and Business in the Community’s race and gender equality campaigns. We are happy to discuss all flexible and agile approaches to working for all our roles – we can’t promise we will be able to offer you everything you want or need but we do promise to discuss it with you openly and honestly. If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.