Business Development Manager
A challenging and exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager with prior legal experience to join a global law firm on a 12 month fixed term contract.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) serves as a business development liaison primarily to the London and Germany office transactional practices. The BDM will work directly with the partners in the region to develop and execute clear strategies and business plans, and manage an aligned range of business development and marketing initiatives.
- Consults with office and regional practice group heads and key partners on development and coordination of marketing and client development plans for the group and individual partners.
- Attend and contribute to practice group meetings and planning sessions.
- Track and analyse practice initiatives and how those initiatives impact the group's budget and evaluate past initiatives to determine whether there is sufficient ROI to repeat those initiatives.
- Evaluate the viability and probability of the development of business prospects and cross-marketing efforts of the practice groups.
- Coordinate with the Market Intelligence team to conduct industry and client research to support business development initiatives.
- Facilitate the planning, implementation and follow-up of new business or cross-marketing opportunities.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of professional experience with at least four (4) years of experience in law firms
- B.A., law degree and/or professional marketing qualification will be a plus
- Experience and knowledge of the corporate, private equity, banking and finance and/or investment funds industries
- Familiarity with CRM and research databases such as Interaction, CapitalIQ, S&P, Mergermarket, etc.
If you have the necessary legal BD experience and are looking for your next challenge then please apply today!