Product Designer - Toys & Games
Product Designer (Toys & Games)
A creative Product Designer is needed to join the UK's largest independent toys and games group. This is a rare opportunity for a talented Product Designer to see their ideas for toys and games brought to life and played with by children around the world.
With offices in France, Germany and Hong Kong and an enviable portfolio that includes Disney, Nickelodeon, Crayola, Warner Brothers and a diverse range of in-house brands, this fast moving, entrepreneurial business truly works with the hottest brands in toys and games. Due to continued success they are now seeking a Product Designer with oodles of energy and a love of toys to join their R&D team.
Reporting to the R&D Manager, you will join as a Product Designer helping deliver amazing product designs for some of the largest brands in the child and tween markets. It will be your obsession with design, innovation and quick thinking that ensures this leading company remains top of its game. Expect to manage the complete product design lifecycle from concept development to project management and production, you will not only ensure products look great but also come in on time and on budget.
To qualify. You should be a Product Designer / Product Manager / Creative / Industrial Designer / Project Manager or similar with a CV / portfolio that demonstrates:
- Some experience of or exposure to the toy/entertainment industry experience;
- A minimum of a 2:1 degree or equivalent;
- A good understanding of the design process and manufacturing techniques;
- Confidence with budgets and schedules;
- Good team working and communication skills – sketch, written and verbal;
- Awareness of the latest trends and brands;
- Strong Photoshop & Illustrator skills;
- An organised multi-tasker that enjoys a varied workload with a pro-active 'can do' attitude;
- Self-motivated positive team worker with excellent project-management skills;
- UK driving license and car;
- Be open to international travel.
In return, you can expect an energetic team, passionate about the products they make, a rewarding supportive environment and excellent benefits.