Digital Product Manager (eCommerce) - Multi-channel Retailer
- Brand new role in high-growth web team.
- Great company culture.
- Customer journey, web optimisation and UX-led product role.
This could be a great role for an eCommerce / digital specialist looking to make their first move in to product management with this brand new role, in the high-growth online team for a well-established multi-channel retailer and they continue through exciting transformation.
What you'll be doing
Reporting directly in to the Head of Technology, you'll be owning the main web platform for the organisation. This is a sizeable transactional website, turning over around £10m currently. You'll be playing a key role in the plan to 3x that figure, while taking the product range listed on the site through more than 10x growth. Throughout this growth, and the wider digital transformation that the organisation is going through - you will be the voice of the customer throughout. You'll use customer insights and analytics to validate user problems, and design solutions - be that a tweaked customer journey, a redesign on page layout or tweaked messaging - which will drive customer experience and boost conversions. Whilst this will be a heavily user experience (UX)-led product role, you'll also own managing technical upgrades to the platform - scoping out functional and technical specifications for new areas of the website, and working with developers to manage those through development. You'll have a strong handle on the technical side of things (specifically HTML and CSS) to help you manage the two front-end developers that report in to you, as well as to guide the technical direction of the platform. The business is also looking going through a re-platforming process, which you'll be heavily involved in.
What experience you'll need
- The big thing is previous experience in owning the performance of a transactional website.
- You'll have very strong customer journey, web optimisation and digital analytics skills.
- You'll have the stakeholder and communications skills to champion the user within the business, to pull together and present business cases for changes to the website and to collaborate with technical and non-technical colleagues to deliver these changes.
- Technically literate with a strong understanding of HTML and CSS.
- Very passionate about eCommerce, digital and the wide web landscape.
What you'll get in return for your talents
Salary wise, as this is a new role for the business, we're looking to be slightly led by the market - although most likely around the £45k mark. If you're above or below this level, please get in touch and we can talk through the best approach. There is also a range of great benefits which includes 25 days holiday, a 25% staff discount on all products, a reward discount scheme, contributory pension scheme plus life assurance. There's a great company culture to boot, and a business that prides itself on professional development of its staff.
Please get in touch with Gabby with a CV today to run through the small print.