EMR are working with an Aviation Consultancy, to hire an exceptional and experienced PR Manager to join the growing marketing team on a part time basis in Leatherhead. They are looking to hire the right candidate for three days per week and will pay £30,000 to £35,000 (circa £50,000 full time equivalent).
As a leading consultant to the aviation industry they offer advice, market intelligence and asset management services. They already have excellent relationships with the aviation and national press, but are looking to grow through best in class content creation, public and media relations.
As PR Manager your main responsibilities will be:
- Collaborating with the marketing manager to develop and implement the PR and media strategy, enhancing the company's reputation and brand, through effective PR and media coverage
- Cultivate relationships with print, digital, broadcast journalists and thought leaders within the Aviation industry
- Act as the first point of contact for media inquiries and handle crisis or reactive communications
- Coach and brief spokespeople within the company on how to communicate with the media - arrange and facilitate interviews and editorials with journalists for them
- Attend industry events and conferences
- Build strong relationships internally and work cross departmentally to co-ordinate responses to the media enquiries
- Compose, construct proof and promote press releases, news stories, articles, case studies and collateral - follow up with journalists to drive coverage
- Monitor and analyse media coverage and report results
- Support wider company campaigns by generating and creating additional content in line with key verticals and sectors
Your key skills and experience will include:
- Proven experience in Aviation or finance PR, either in-house or agency side, plus previous experience of liaising with the financial, business or aviation press
- Strong oral communication skills and a proven track record in writing high quality content, and excellent writing and publishing skills
- Keen interest in the media and a fascination with what makes a good story
- Need to be able to think creatively and proactively about how to generate positive media coverage in quiet times as well as how to strategically manage big announcements.
If you feel you have the skills and experience please apply now! Closing date is Friday 22nd June 2018