Designer / Art Director
Ideas you can’t ignore.
And an opportunity you can’t afford to miss.
We’re bigdog, an award-winning creative agency. We believe the best ideas are sparked by insight, developed without channel prejudice, and delivered with skill and passion at every touchpoint.
We have 140 talented integrated specialists, working across offices in Norwich, London and Leicester. We’re part of the Mission Group – one of the UK’s most respected networks – sharing skills and resources across 14 agencies and over 1,000 staff.
We are currently looking to recruit a Designer / Art Director to join the team in Norwich. Reporting in to our Creative Director, you will be generating insight driven impactful and effective conceptual work using your eye for outstanding design. Collaborating with copywriters and other department team members you will be producing high quality work across various channels and presenting to clients where necessary.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Creating outstanding conceptual and creative ideas on and offline.
- Production of rough scamps on paper and competent visuals on Mac and PC.
- Collaboratively working with photographers, illustrators and other creatives to execute work of the highest quality for our clients.
- Constructively Debating and critiquing work with colleagues to produce the best work possible.
- Taking a creative brief and fully understanding and interpreting the proposition.
- Having an in-depth knowledge of the Client's business and the sector in which they operate.
- Presenting credible and professional design expertise to the Client as required.
- The ability to work to budgetary restrictions on projects and feel comfortable updating Creative Director on any unforeseen issues which may have an impact on cost.
- Having a passion for all things creative, enjoying your work and being curious and imaginative.
Key skills and attributes
- Experience of working within a Creative team and Agency environment, with a solid understanding of advertising and marketing.
- Competence in Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Indesign.
- Able to apply a forward-thinking approach to all aspects of your work, displayed by a positive, proactive, can do attitude
- Personal capacity for growth and development.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work flexibly, on own initiative and as part of a team
- First class ability to prioritise and manage own workload
- The ability to multi task while working to deadline yet still retaining a professional approach
- 20 days’ holiday + bank holidays
- Additional day off for your birthday!
- Company pension
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme