Senior Data Developer
Our Data Developers play a key role within the Tech team here at Prophecy and specialise in the various areas of database design, management, systems integration and compliance. They are involved at every stage in our relationships with clients and work with our internal teams to deliver everything from one-off communications campaigns to large scale CRM projects
As the team grow and develop we are looking for an experienced Senior Data Developer to join the team.
What you will do…
- Provide secure, robust and optimised data systems to our clients, developing and maintaining manual and automated processing of data between our own and client systems
- Develop, monitor and maintain scheduled back end processes ensuring robust output is applied within agreed timescales
- Provide expert support. Collaborating to deliver complete solutions
- Provide and support the Analytics, Reporting and BI functions of the agency for our clients
- Research and innovate our data solutions offering, supporting the development of Prophecy’s Data Analytics capabilities
- Utilise your comprehensive knowledge of data modelling and database implementation, using your expertise in MS SQL Server and associated tools (SSIS, SSAS etc.)
- Take a keen interest in emerging technologies, new tools and development techniques and share with the wider team
What you will need to succeed…
- A comprehensive knowledge of database design, SQL development, data management and systems integration
- Very strong MS SQL Server (2012 and above) skills including:
- TSQL/Stored procedure generation/Query Optimisation
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Analysis Services (SSAS) including OLAP cube design and dimension modelling
- Administration (backup, infrastructure provisioning, replication, security
- Analysis and presentation (MS Excel, PowerPivot, SSRS, Tableau)
- Significant experience of automated data integration using API’s sFTP or similar
- Good understanding of and expertise in XML technologies (XML, XPath, XSL Transformations)
- The ability to form strong and productive working relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Accuracy and attention to detail, with strong documentation skills
- Ideally you will have systems engineering skills
- Ideally you will hold a relevant technical and/or degree level qualification
This is us…
We are Prophecy Unlimited, the forward-thinking, Bristol-based agency that thinks life is better when it’s joined-up. From attention-grabbing content that engages people into a brand, to seamless CRM that keeps them there. We are 200 spirited individuals who work with clarity, curiosity and vision to join up the journey from acquisition to advocacy.
Prophecy Unlimited is part of The Unlimited Group, which brings together a unique blend of discipline experts from across 26 specialist companies to offer a world of thinking without limits.
What we value…
Great work stems from a great team. So, we are dedicated to delivering for our clients, and passionate about how we do it. We live our values and have a lot of fun along the way, offering talented individuals a rewarding, dynamic and vibrant culture in which to build careers and friendships. Our values reflect what we believe to be most important as an agency.
• Generosity is the way we think and act and the big heart that unites us.
• Spirit is the positive, fearless and imaginative approach we take to everything we do.
• Clarity is the precision and vision it takes to simplify the complex.
• Curiosity is the need to ask questions, challenge assumptions. To wonder and explore.
What we give…
You get to work in lovely contemporary offices in the heart of Bristol with likeminded talented people who share your passion. Plus, there’s career development and training at every turn, a generous holiday allowance, your birthday day off and early festive closing. You even get the chance to take a volunteer day to support a cause you care about.
We do all the stuff you would expect:
- 25 days’ holiday + Bank Holidays
- Matched Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Healthcare Cash Back Scheme
- Interest free travel season ticket loan, Cycle scheme
And we do a few things you might not expect…
We keep you going with fresh fruit, breakfast on us and great coffee. We have a calendar of social and charity events throughout the year, there’s always something going on.
Join us and join in. We make noise. We laugh. We share. We welcome new ideas and new people – including you.
Sound good? If you think you tick all the boxes, please send your CV and tell us why you should join the team.
We will be reviewing applications on Friday 20th July 2018
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.