A well-known retailer and distributor of healthcare products and services is looking for an experienced Category Manager to look after a portfolio of own brand products.
The Role: Working within a team of category traders, the role requires someone to ensure continuous delivery across various KPI's including margin, sales, market share, stock and income from suppliers for in-store and online. Strong negotiation, commercial understanding and buying and trading expertise within a retail business is essential to be successful in this role.
- Delivery category plan against key financial targets
- Regular evaluation and re-forecasting to ensure progress is achieved
- Regular reporting on category performance and supplier performance taking action where necessary
- Build promotional plans for the category and ensure the pricing plans are consistent and monitored weekly
- Deliver a strong range of products across the category
The Candidate: You must already have experience within a category/buying or product role within retail/FMCG where you can demonstrate a strong commercial understanding and growth of a category. Excellent stakeholder management skills are essential, along with negotiation and pricing experience. Ideal background would be from within healthcare, wellbeing, beauty etc.
This Category Manager role is commutable from Coventry, Leamington Spa, Leicester, Rugby, Hinckley, Stratford on Avon, Birmingham
Would also suit a Category Trader, Category Executive ready for a step-up or Product Manager/Buyer with the relevant experience as mentioned above.
Category Manager, Coventry, £35,000 - £45,000