Business Development Manager
Our client is a creative agency delivering dynamic and insightful solutions across specialist disciplines; they collaborate and challenge, they create and disrupt!
They are looking to hire a talented business development manager!
This role is to work with the Business Development and Marketing Director to implement the sales strategies and marketing plan for the Group against agreed Group targets and sustainable business growth strategies with each Divisional MD & Group Managing Director.
- To generate viable business development opportunities for the Group through a range of business development approaches.
- To make initial contact with new prospects and maintain follow-ups.
- To work with the Business Development and Marketing Director to define target markets and methods to gain new business.
- To work with the Business Development and Marketing Director to define target markets and methods with view to gain new business.
- To research and gather information on new prospects/leads etc with view to making a relevant approach.
- To support the activities of the divisional sales strategies.
- To support the Business Development and Marketing Director with activities associated with the Group’s divisional marketing plan production.
- To take responsibility for lead generating focused marketing activities relating to the digital and retail divisions whilst working collaboratively with the team.
- To help with the creation of website content with the view to creating content that will drive new business.
- To assist with measurement and evaluation of the success of PR and Marketing campaigns.
- Update and manage Client Relationship Management System.
- Embrace a culture to support a consultative, client focused and collaborative approach.
- Secure strong service identities within the minds of the target market and clients.
- Ensure that the good business reputation is up held at all times.
- Actively seek to develop own knowledge and experience within depth and understanding of the sector vertical and strategic marketing services (news, trends, movers etc). To understand our clients markets better than they do.
- Maintain an ongoing dialogue and report to the Business Development and Marketing Director .
- Ability to make calls and speak with prospects about relevant topics with view to generating opportunities.
- Ability to follow processes and add value to systems for collaborative and transparent working.
- Create a good first impression and inspire confidence and commitment within account portfolio and be able to act on own convictions.
- Ability to set goals and deadlines which are realistic and challenging.
- Influential in establishing partnerships and alliances to achieve objectives.
- Take deliberate and calculated risks to gain benefit and advantage.
- Able to prioritise and allocate resource and manage time to achieve set objectives.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able and willing to take instruction.
- Ability to adapt to changing environment whilst maintaining rapport and goodwill.
Knowledge and experience
- Understand strategic sales processes.
- A desire to develop a career in consultative business development.
- When developing prospect relationship, keep accurate records with view to working collectively and with transparency.
- Be a member of industry recognised panels and memberships.
- 3 years experience in a similar role.
- Relevant formal qualifications.
- Knowledge and experience in more than one industry.
- Continued Professional Development.