Senior Strategist - consumer brands
Independent, creative, strategic, curious, commercial – this agency has a strong reputation for all-round excellence and is a great place to work. Established just over 17 years ago, this award-winning team develop creative strategies and ideas for some of the most well-known consumer brands. They provide creative solutions across a range of brand and integrated communication from brand packaging, innovation, visual identity, brand architecture and communications. They work for well-known FMCG, luxury and lifestyle brands in the UK, Europe and internationally.
Senior Planner - the role
The role of senior planner is to provide brand, consumer and category insight, informing the creative brief and helping shape ideas to sell to the agency's clients. You'll be a thinker, a sponge and a filter of information. You'll be responsible for making the agency's strategic and creative offers sharp, relevant and usable.
This is a fabulous opportunity to join a leading agency in their prime; there is the opportunity to move up further within time for the right candidate who offers creative vision.
The planning function covers four areas - creative ideas, brand strategy, brand architecture and innovation - from concept writing and territory design to ideation.
You may come from marketing, innovation, consultancy, advertising or design. You'll have at least 6-8 years' experience and be keen to further your skills. You'll understand brand and how it works across different touchpoints. But what will single you out is your creative vision and flair and your limitless capacity to develop groundbreaking ideas, to find simple and eye-catching solutions to more complex issues.
Senior Planner - the outline
- An innate strategist, in touch with today’s brand and marketing thinking; able to sway the hearts and minds of clients and colleagues alike, while making it look effortless.
- Comfortable expressing yourself visually, as well as verbally, delivering insightful opinions on design and its role in the marketing mix.
- Interesting and strong opinions, fed by a curiosity for brands, culture, arts, design and beyond. You'll have trends and insights at your fingertips, able to respond to questions and challenges on the hoof.
- Your thinking will be media-neutral, working across the off- and online worlds, above-the-line and below, with perspectives on tomorrow as well as on today.
- You'll be articulate, able to speak authoritatively in front of any audience. You can express your thinking simply and impactfully.
- You'll have an entrepreneurial spirit, sensing and chasing opportunities wherever they arise. You'll balance brand knowledge with a feel for business.
- You foster consultative relationships, delighting clients with your thinking, spontaneously, as well as when called upon.
- The ability to balance rigour and flair, working logically through a problem when needed, or making intuitive leaps.
- You can express their ideas through analogies or metaphors, emotively articulating the task or the solution (avoiding marketing speak).
- You wear your intelligence lightly, collaborating happily, debating willingly and laughing easily.
- You have ambition - always looking to do things better