Sales Manager upto £40K Basic+Commission, Kent.
Our client produces a wide-range of magazines, websites, events & conferences for the Rail, Transport, Pharmaceutical, Food Manufacturing, Airport & FX-MM sectors.
Due to continued growth across the portfolio, they are looking for a determined and highly experienced sales person to sell across their portfolio of products and services.
The main purpose of the role is to generate revenue through sales and bookings, whilst maintaining existing and developing new relationships with clients.
The candidate must be extremely pro-active and driven by success, individually and as a team.
Ideal candidates will have proven business to business media sales experience with expertise in print, digital and events & conferences.
You will be working on established b2b industry events aimed at the top third of the management pyramid communicating with C-suite/ senior level directors.
In line with the overall objectives set by the Commercial Directors you will embark on a sales campaign to achieve targets for your dedicated brand and associated events. This will be done through a combination of activities including use of the telephone, social media, face-to-face and converting incoming enquiries.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- High attention to detail, flexibility and the ability to work under pressure to meet targets
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to motivate others in and outside the sales function
- Enthusiastic, driven and a ‘can-do’ attitude
- A commercial understanding and acumen, including monitoring competitor’s activity
- Exceptional administration, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Identify and develop relationships with potential new clients by undertaking appropriate research and constantly acquiring industry knowledge
- Maintain and further develop our strong working relationships with our existing clients
- Achieve sales target(s) on each brand/event throughout the year and ensure that all deadlines are achieved
- Attendance at relevant exhibitions/conferences with international travel as required
- Ability to research your own prospects through LinkedIn and other online channels to build a comprehensive sales pipeline. Using their CRM system to enhance existing relationships and develop new ones.
- Maintaining and growing your knowledge of your market, clients and developments in the market sector
Due to the nature of their location, applicants will require their own vehicle to travel to work.