Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager, £35K basic+commission, London
Our client is a digital media and events company specialising in enterprise technology, growth business, investment and diversity. Their award-winning magazines and content, engaging and responsive websites, exciting events and highly acclaimed research touch millions of small businesses, entrepreneurs, IT professionals, investors and professional women, as well as advisors and suppliers. They also host a series of high-profile and prestigious live events that bring together thousands of business, technology and finance decision-makers. They are dedicated to building focused communities of professionals and high-net-worth individuals who consume their high-quality content across multiple platforms – including online, events, print, social media, mobile and email – and providing numerous opportunities for our clients to access, connect and engage with these audiences.
The role of the Business Development Manager will sit within their sales team, reporting to the Head of Sales. In that role you will take the lead in generating new business and identifying new revenue streams within existing and new business clients.
The Business Development Manager will be tasked with growing revenues across all channels, as well as upselling additional products to existing clients. The ideal candidate will be able to talk authoritatively about their suite of products with an understanding of how clients would benefit from using it particularly in the digital space.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Create new opportunities from prospective and existing clients via telephone, email and face-to-face meetings
- Routinely crush quarterly sales targets and demonstrate your ability to drive revenue growth across the business
- Maintain a comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of their brands and their increasingly diversified portfolio of products and services
Deliver clear, engaging and effective sales pitches and presentations that demonstrate the strength of our brands
- Maintain your prominent position within their industry and use your network to realise new opportunities
- Consultative and solution driven sales individual, who can demonstrate a multi-platform or cross platform sale
- A self-motivated team player with a killer instinct for closing deals
- Thrive within the pressures of a commercial sales team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills at all levels
- Ability to develop and build strong client relations to become a trusted advisor
- Confident addressing C-suite within blue-chip companies, agencies and consultants
Confident handling large deals, owning the sales process and negotiating contracts successfully
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND DESIRABLE QUALITIES
- A minimum of 5 years sales experience with demonstrable references
- Well connected with a strong network of industry professionals that align with the companies proposition
- Previous experience selling media within the B2B publishing industry highly advantageous
- Experience creating and delivering compelling sales presentations across desktop and mobile platforms
- Strong understanding of brand and agency KPIs, analytics and demonstrating value through measurable insights
- Awareness of the adtech industry, including DSPs, DMPs and the role that AdOps play in delivering successful campaigns
Our client believes that its staff are the critical component in its continuing success, as such we provide a Continual Professional Development Programme and regular Performance Reviews for all staff.
- 25 days per annum holiday
- Life insurance (4 times your annual salary)
- Vitality private medical insurance following a successful probation period
- Contributory pension scheme
- Daily fresh fruit and snacks provided
- Travel loan - interest free over 10 months
They are changing and shaping the way publishers can reach businesses, with a whole new re-brand, which consists of websites updates and a suite of new product offerings. This is really a great time to join the business, it’s an opportunity for growth and Development. It’s a chance to be part of new dynamic business, with a growing team. To be part of a young buzzy environment, with a work hard play hard attitude.
If this sounds of interest, please do get in touch - Angela Izard at Morgan Rutherford Associates ltd
Apply for Business Development Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly