Sales Executive (Display, Digital, Creative Solutions )
This is an exciting Sales Executive role working on a market leading brand. The successful candidate will not be only be working with the major players in this sector but will also have exposure with leading agencies who work with key consumer brands. Travel, Motor, Pharma, Retail and Food & Drink are all categories that they work closely with. With over 10 million enthusiasts in the UK, this sector’s economy is worth over £4.3bn annually. The market is high value, and in growth, with consumer spend expected to rise to over £5bn by 2020
The Sales Executive has the core objective to develop and grow revenue potential of new and existing advertisers through the effective management of an agency and client portfolio. The position covers every aspect of the portfolio and provides an opportunity to sell across a variety of revenue streams (creative solutions, digital, display, direct marketing).
Working closely with the Ad Manager and Group Head, you will be responsible for the accelerated growth of the print and digital line, working closely with editorial, design and tech to develop and deliver innovative, market-leading solutions.
You will personally account manage existing clients & agencies; pitch & develop new business; understand and monitor the market & strive to develop exciting & market leading client solutions across the brand. You will look after clients for cross-media campaigns where appropriate, developing and pitching creative, bespoke solutions. You will occasionally represent the wider London Specialist Division team and include other relevant brands where appropriate
- To be seen as an expert within the competitive set
- To demonstrate a broad knowledge of the market and have a sound understanding of trends
- To comprehend, interpret and present sales data to maximise advertising potential
- To fully articulate the company proposition and its relevance to advertisers
- To pro-actively sell the brand proposition in to agencies and clients at every opportunity
- To effectively manage all personal agency/client portfolio through a fully integrated strategy
- To have active relationships with all key contacts across portfolio including key press buying and planning agency team contacts
- To have knowledge of previous, current and future activity for each agency across all revenue streams
- To have specific, measurable performance improvement targets/goals for new, existing and lapsed advertisers as agreed with Group Ad Manager
- To effectively adapt selling technique according to market conditions
- To ensure that all competitor leads are chased and followed up at all times
- To attend a minimum of 5 external meetings per week
Driven for Results
- Can be counted on to exceed goals and targets successfully; consistently pushes yourself and your team to achieve goals and plans.
- Proactive and self motivated.
- Hungry to prove yourself and be successful.
- Bright and intelligent; comfortably deals with concepts and complexity; sharp, capable and agile; keen to learn and develop; learns quickly and enjoys the challenge of new things; experiments for solutions.
- Dedicated to meeting expectations; acts with the customer in mind; establishes good relationships; gains trust and respect.
- Able to work in a fast paced, self directed, entrepreneurial environment; full of energy for challenges; seizes opportunities.