Business Development Executive - Business Intelligence
Our client provides economic forecasting and modelling to UK companies and financial institutions. They are global with 18 offices throughout the world. Their industry models and analytical tools gives them an unparalleled ability to forecast macroeconomic and financial markets developments. Combining the output of these models with the qualitative input from their macroeconomists, provides a truly unique offering to Financial Services companies. They are key adviser to corporate, financial, and government decision-makers and thought leaders. Their worldwide client base now comprises over 1,000 international organisations, including leading multinational companies and financial institutions; key government bodies and trade associations; and top universities, consultancies, and think tanks.
We are looking for a Business Development Executive (BDE) within the Asset Management team. This person will be responsible for building the subscription research business within the United Kingdom, including new business sales and upselling existing clients. Target firms include Asset Managers, Hedge Funds, Banks, Pension Funds, Family offices, and Private Equity. This position will be an integral part of their growth plans going forward, and is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing company at the forefront of the industry. The key responsibilities within this role are as follows:
Sales and Client Management
- Initiate and close sales of the company subscription services, typically through phone sales, meetings, roudtables, and seminars.
- Create and execute strategies to sell subscription products
- Research, create and implement sales plans for assigned sectors/territory in alignment with the Director of Financial Markets Sales overall business plan
- Through market analysis, identify key companies in the territory, key individuals within companies, and establish relationships with the purpose of closing sales
- Manage relationships with existing clients to ensure renewals and upsell new subscription products
- Maintain a knowledge of global economic and financial market trends to facilitate conversations with clients
- Develop a strong knowledge of the subscription products and become proficient at providing demonstrations of the services
- Create sales presentations and lead webinars and meetings with prospective clients
Skills and Experience:
- A University degree in Economics, Politics, or International Relations is preferred. A Masters degree is desirable
- A proven, demonstratable sales track record, with at least 2 years of experience
- Must be highly organized and able to manage multiple projects at once
- Candidate must have strong presentation and writing skills
- Must have knowledge of MicrosoftWord, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must be a self-starter, with the drive to set and reach ambitious goals
- Must be a team player
- Fluent English, other languages are a plus
- Research, economic or business services sales experience
- Phone sales and face to face selling
- Existing contacts at Asset Managers, Hedge Funds, Banks, Pensions Funds, Family Offices, and Private Equity companies is a plus.