Head of Customer Marketing EMEA
An influential and highly autonomous Senior Customer Marketing role at a major global health-related consumer brand. An exciting opportunity to be a major force in transitioning key customer relationships from transactional to partnership based, as part of the journey to become number one in Europe by 2019.
You will lead the customer marketing function across Europe and ACE (Eastern Europe, Russia, Middle East, Africa) and guide local customer marketing to execute against top priorities and plans within customers/ channels. This is achieved through leading and influencing key internal and external stakeholders as part of a customer business team. Interaction is with marketing and customer marketing teams at a global, regional and country level, Country Managers, Sales Managers and Key Account Managers.
Develop actionable strategies to grow revenue with customers and lead customer marketing in successful execution
- Drive the channel annual account planning process for strategic partner accounts (SPAs) to create meaningful account and customer marketing plans.
- Work with countries to support the executional excellence of customer joint business plans.
- Is the 'customer guardian' internally, representing their perspective and requirements in all aspects.
- Develops 'value add' programs that improve partnership credentials.
- Drive CRM capability usage.
- Support the roll out of new product launches and innovations for SPAs and key channels.
- Champion execution excellence through leading and supporting customer marketing in developing key account customer launch plans (Branded and Private Label) including sell-in story, launch dates, opening order/yr 1 forecast, fit set plan, communication and in-office plan.
- Partner with Sales/Brand/Finance to provide input to sales monthly forecast of modular/inventory products and Exclusive Brands for SPAs.
- Support the category development manager in execution against/ tailoring of category management initiatives in conjunction with country customer marketing
- Develop Corporate Account (SPA) POA content in partnership with sales and brand.
- Be custodian of retailer / execution best practice, ensuring that it is shared by and with local markets in a formalized, collaborative and structured way, focusing on a test and learn process via forums, including evaluation of KPIs, market spend, ROI.
- To establish a European customer marketing centre of excellence, providing knowledge and expertise transfer between markets, so they can develop their own customer marketing capability and credibility. The in-country customer marketing manager will then be the first point of contact for all insights and bespoke customer marketing strategies and tactics at a local level.
- Support the director of customer marketing in acting as the interface with global customer marketing to determine and agree responsibilities at a global, regional and local level, represent the EU region regarding Global CM initiatives and share best practice, ensuring that relevant best practice from other regions is shared across the EU region
Key Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrated leadership skills; ability to manage diverse, remote and cross-functional teams internally and possibly including external participants.
- Ability to identify data for insights and turn this into effective marketing communication activity.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Skill in persuading and influencing stakeholders at all levels both internally and externally.
- Qualitative and quantitative analytical skills, to interpret data effectively to drive commercial decisions.
- Intermediate skill in the use of Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Advanced preferred.
- External agency management and budget responsibility.
- Ideally commercial experience to include a mix of Key Account Management Customer/Shopper Marketing, and/or Category Management.
- Experience working with multinational accounts/chains in a B2B or B2B2C scenario.
- Experience of interpreting data to create commercial insights.
- Demonstrated thorough understanding of how to use insights to develop key account relationships and consumer/shopper demand through activation strategies.
- Operational and regional experience of working in different markets, including language skills of ideally at least 1 further EU language.
*Please note we try to respond to all applications but due to the volume we receive sometimes we're not able to get back to all unsuccessful candidates. If your application has been successful you can expect to hear from us within 2-5 days.
Apply for Head of Customer Marketing EMEA
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly