Account Director (Healthcare) – Advertising Agency – Central London
A well known integrated, global communications agency seeks a talented Account Director with pharma/healthcare experience.
The agency is one of the most respected healthcare communications agencies in the market with expertise in advertising, promotion & medical communications, they provide integrated communication solutions for their clients, including many of the biggest names in the pharmaceutical industry.
Drawing from a diverse background in academia, scientific writing, clinical research and pharma industry sales and marketing, this international team have strong experience in developing global and regional campaigns.
All their work starts with robust strategic thinking and they take a customer-centric approach to marketing, focusing on media-neutral ideas that promote behavioural change.
As Account Director you will take a lead role within the team in shaping the long-term strategic direction of your accounts, ensuring current activities and budgets provide future opportunities.
You will help formulate, with the business unit director and creative strategic director, the agency’s strategic response and will be responsible for finalising and delivering the activities and budget with clients.
You will need to demonstrate a true entrepreneurial spirit, thrive on business development and be passionate about being regarded as an outstanding client counsellor.
Tenacious and hardworking, you possess a commercial spirit and are a great team player. You are also a people person who is comfortable dealing with and motivating members of staff at all levels within the agency.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- Proven experience in the healthcare communications field, within pharmaceuticals.
- Successful track record in business development.
- Experience in understanding and interpreting business finance information.
- Proven leadership and client relationship building skills.
- Partner with strategy and creative to create solutions that make the agency clients brands famous and effective.
- The ability to present, promote and ‘gain buy in’.
- Strong project management, negotiation, networking and organisational skills, combined with a solid understanding of the commercial drivers of the business.
- Proactively identify new revenue streams through client growth opportunities and support on new business opportunities.
- Independent-thinker, self-starter, calm under pressure, collaborative
- Able to build valued relationships with clients and internally as a team player
This is a fantastic opportunity at one of the world’s finest, most recognisable pharma marcomms agencies.
Interested in the role? Then click "Apply" and submit your CV along with a few lines on why you think you have the wow factor.
To considered for this role, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Whilst every effort is made to contact everyone who applies, due to a high number of applications we are unable to give individual feedback to those who are unsuccessful.