Business Development Director - Experiential Agency - London
Want to join an independent Experiential agency in a key role that is the life blood of the business? If so please read on …………
Our client is a proudly independent creative communications agency specialising in experience-led communication, based in London. They see their role with their clients as the navigator of the evolving landscape of experiential events and social media which is being driven by ordinary people, understanding the human experience and the media they consume. The team of talented, dynamic and creative individuals work with some of the biggest and strongest brands within gaming, FMCG, and sport.
The Business Development Director is thought of as one of the most important within the business and the life blood of the agency. As BDD your role is to ensure the agency is always in the minds of their clients as their "go to agency" when briefing a BTL or experiential project. As Business Development Director your role will be to take ownership of all aspects of promoting the agency and brand ensuring they are head and shoulders above the rest and to win new business. Your main duties and role will include:
- Keeping a finger on the pulse of major brand and client-side people developments through regularly reviewing the main on and offline marketing publications.
- Subscribing to relevant online resources, portals etc. that will be essential to implementing their new business strategy.
- Identifying and building relationships with relevant intermediaries.
- Creating the annual new business pipeline and its ongoing management and regular reporting to the Board.
- Maintaining new business contacts database by keeping prospect data updated, records of key conversations / meeting actions and keep in touch reminders.
- Keeping abreast of key client side 'movers and shakers'
- Managing website/social media and ensuring the "shop window" is the best it can be at all times.
- Coordinating award entries - proposing entries and working with account teams and creatives to pull together submissions.
Is it you?
Our client is looking for a Business Development Director with a minimum of 8 years experience within BTL / experiential agencies in an account handling and / or pure new business role. You have a detailed understanding of the experiential sector or previously held a leading experiential agency role. Your passion for experiential marketing runs through your veins and you are able to clearly articulate how and why the discipline can be a highly valuable tool in a client brand marketing mix. You are people person who makes a strong and memorable impression which is why you thrive on forging relationships with clients and have a confident and energetic presence.
- Knowledge of main advertising / marketing publications and other resources (e.g. trade press, new business publications).
- A detailed knowledge of power point and excellent abilities in drafting presentations.
- Highly presentable and ability to personally convey brand attributes - professionally, knowledgeably, confidently, honestly and trust-worthily.
- Excellent attention to detail and meticulous personal admin.
- Highly motivated and disciplined individual who is able to work on their own initiative and 'make things happen' through a determined approach.
- Ability to assist with, or take ownership of proposal drafting to include producing budgets, writing up strategies / creative ideas, timing plans etc.
- Analytical capabilities to be able to review our new business approach and consolidate learnings that can be applied to future new business strategies.
Salary: up to £70K plus bonus and benefits
If you are reading this job ad and are saying "yes this is me!" then we urge you to get in touch by sending Ali your CV via the "link", and should your skills and experience match to what our client is looking for then we will get in touch immediately. So don't delay, send your CV in today.
Please note you must have the right to work in the UK for your application to be considered.