Marketing & Business Development Manager (high profile events)
Fabulous opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join a beautiful, historic London events venue!
It is a unique role for an enthusiastic sales and marketing professional to join a small commercial events team who deliver very high profile and prestigious events at one of London's most unique and historical venues.
The events team at this prestigious organisation is responsible for organising a remarkable range of events at this very special historical London venue - used for high profile corporate events and award ceremonies, concerts, special events and banquets.
I'm looking for a proactive sales and marketing professional to join an experienced team to maximise commercial income by increasing occupancy and revenue through a range of sales and marketing activities, targeting new business and increasing revenue from existing business. You will be promoting the venue to prospective clients and professionals within the industry to grow lead generation and income. The team deliver over 500 events (for up to 700 guests) each year, from very prestigious formal events for royalty and heads of state, to glitzy and glamorous ones. A key part of the role will also be to maximise the use of the venue with marketing and relationship building activities.
- Research, develop and implement the venue's marketing strategy.
- Create and roll out marketing initiatives to promote commercial lettings
- Proactively initiate and develop relationships with new and existing clients and suppliers.
- Maximise the commercial use of the venue
You'll be a highly organised, passionate and articulate Business Development Manager with existing experience in a similar Sales and Marketing role. You will be well versed at promoting events in a similar venue and have proven success acquiring new business leads through new and creative marketing strategies and initiatives. You'll have excellent communication skills to deal with a wide range of clients, supported by your very high levels of customer service, and great attention to detail. You'll have the personal skills and confidence to offer your clients a professional and consultative approach to their events, and enjoy promoting the venue and unique experience that your venue offers. This is a unique opportunity to work at a highly prestigious historical London venue, and use your proven sales and marketing experience and excellent interpersonal skills to help grow this spectacular London venue.
- Proven experience in proactive and/or reactive sales environments
- Background in business development, marketing and meeting sales targets
- Excellent customer service and relationship management skills
- Extremely organised and able to prioritise to meet deadlines
- Experience of organising corporate/commercial events for up to 500 guests
If your background matches the key requirements and responsibilities as listed above, please reflect these in your CV and click "Apply" now.