Account Manager, £28K basic+commission
Our client is part of the the world leader in online classifieds, with 12 brands that span the globe.
Founded in London in 2000, they are UK’s leading classified site, with over 16m unique visitors every month and over 9.5m app downloads. The platform enable people to trade everything from cars to home items and find jobs, local services, community events and even somewhere to live.
Their mission is to help create a world where people share more and waste less. Their focus is on delivering a first-class trading experience founded on the classified pillars of ‘Local, Free and Easy’.
They are currently looking for a confident Account Manager to join the Services team.
In this role you will be expected to grow, and strengthen relationships with new, and existing clients. Though to start the role relies heavily on finding and converting new business.
Effective planning and time management will be the key to your success. It is essential that you prioritise your accounts to ensure that you are effectively managing existing business while allowing adequate time to generate and build new revenue.
You’ll own the process from end to end, by formulating and delivering an appropriate business development strategy, pitching clients over the phone and occasionally through face-to-face meetings.
Duties will include:
- Retain, grow & increase the net value of your client base
- Find and convert small, medium and large businesses
- Plan your accounts to ensure opportunities and threats are identified and planned for
- Build first class relationships and maximize your account’s potential
- Ensure your accounts receive the best possible ROI and a world-class user experience
- Have a complete understanding of the products and services to adequately answer all customers’ queries.
- Account management experience with focus on sourcing and growing new business
- Fluent in English and strong communication skills required
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Demonstrate a desire to make decisions and take ownership
- Strong sense of professionalism
- Self-motivated & a good team player
- Technically adept, with experience using MS Excel, the Office suite and CRM applications