Social Media Manager
Campaign is on the lookout for a Social Media Manager to help boost our site’s social offerings and deliver results through social promotion, getting our content out to as many of our audience as possible.
The main focus of the social media manager will be to manage Campaign’s feeds on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube on a daily basis, engaging with our target audiences and promoting our content and programme of live events.
You will be expected to devise original content – words, pictures and video – tailored to the needs of specific social channels and markets. Working with the digital team, you'll devise and implement a strategy for ensuring we meet our social media goals in terms of reach, engagement and registrations. You’ll also work with the editors to make sure you promote their content in the most effective way and with the video producers to create bespoke multimedia content.
The role involves some basic reporting responsibilities, plus the use of social media tools to monitor performance and track editorial promotion campaigns around our core content.
We’re looking for someone is passionate about social media - and can prove it.
- Upload and manage social media content across the brand on a daily basis
- Use social media management tools
- Help to create social media content plans
- Create social media imagery and video
- Support the brand in delivering objectives, activities and results through social media (including, but not limited to, traffic targets, continued social media audience growth)
- Implement activity from social media plans to support the brand’s business objectives (in terms of events etc)
- Populate the weekly social calendar with relevant and topical posts to complement content
- Manage engagement across our social platforms including audience enquiries and comments
- Attend the brand’s events – including its prestigious awards ceremonies – to gather social-only content for multi-platform distribution
- Utilise industry influencers as part of Campaign’s social media strategy
- Support with social media reporting and analysis
- Research best practice to stay ahead of the curve with regard to social media trends
Accordingly, suitable candidates will have:
- Professional experience - of social media platforms, especially Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube
- Experience in social media management tools
- Some knowledge of Google Analytics desirable
- Working knowledge of a CMS system
- An impeccable grasp of English language and grammar
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to convey Campaign’s tone on our social channels
- Experience in photo editing
- Confidence in front of camera
- The ability to devise and tell stories on any platform, via words, pictures and/or video
- Great attention to detail
- Plenty of drive and ambition
- Basic news writing experience