Global Luxury Channel Development Manager - drinks (London)
Really unique, challenging, and genuinely exciting opportunity to set up and lead the new Luxury channel strategy and embed the launch globally as part of a completely new team at a top London-based premium drinks business with a very strong portfolio and global presence, renowned for having a fantastic culture with lots of autonomy/flexibility, a long term mind-set, a focus on personal development, and high levels of investment. Huge potential for impact here as the aim is to at least double the current Luxury business in the next five years (set in the context of strong wider business growth).
Reporting into the Head of Channel Development you'll develop the right shopper & customer marketing tools and sales execution standards that target Luxury consumers in the priority touchpoints and support the channel growth ambition. Build strong, influential relationships across Luxury channels and the different route to market partners, taking a consultative and creative approach.
- Work with market leads to identify the right cities, hotspots and events to target Luxury consumers.
- Turn this into a channel approach for each market - work out how this fits into the existing segmentation model and what if any new training, insight or support is needed.
- Identify the right drivers for each channel & work with Global Brand teams and innovation to develop the right assets, activation and toolkits.
- Bring the Luxury manifesto to life.
- Lead and embed the company understanding of the new Luxury merchandising principles, working with brand teams & market distributors.
- Work with global marketing and supply chain to lead the revolution in Luxury gifting.
- Develop a new global Luxury app for sales teams that will consolidate the Luxury assets.
- Work with the On Trade Channel Manager to develop new Luxury portfolio assets that help give all the brands in the portfolio a united platform (that also works for distributor partners).
- Work out a way for global wide effective search and spin of Luxury programmes.
- Create a way of measuring and sharing programme impact working closely with sales teams.
- Lead the way in creating the right expert panel (external and internal) that can share trends and inspiration from the Luxury field as well as ideate for the future.
- Work closely with the Head of Customer Capability to build upon the sales training programme so that it is relevant for Luxury selling training.
- Support the execution of global Luxury partnerships tests - e.g. hotel groups, on trade specialists.
- Develop the right global approach for Luxury events.
- Build the right partnerships with Luxury providers e.g. bespoke glassware, gifting alternatives.
- Support the Head of Net Revenue Management to optimise through careful allocation management and confident pricing.
- Support local teams in understanding and measuring the customer and consumer investment model required for Luxury.
KEY SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Extensive knowledge and instinct for the Luxury world.
- Ideally an intimate understanding of the drinks industry across different markets.
- Solid track record of leading the development and execution of sales drivers in the luxury goods, drinks, retail, entertainment or hospitality sectors ideally across a range of markets and cultures.
- Good commercial acumen - fluent with a P&L and the financial levers of growth.
- Willing and able to undertake international travel, as required.
- Ability to work flexible hours and some evenings or weekends is essential.
- Evidence of a really broad network across Luxury and/or the on trade.
- Ideally experience of having delivered business performance improvement through direct customer management of Luxury consumers, customers & distributors.
- International experience across developed European & emerging markets.
- Ideally fluency in a 2nd major language other than English.
*There is also a second very similar spec vacancy focused on the core range for the off trade channel across developed markets, so if your experience isn't luxury focused but you have a relevant track record in FMCG then please still apply for more information.
**Please note due to the high volume of applications we receive we're sometimes unable to respond to all unsuccessful applicants. Successful applicants should hear back within 2-5 days.