Freelance Community / Content Manager - FMCG
9 month contract for a Content and Community Manager to start asap on an award-winning and innovative confectionary brand at a top independent agency in the West End. Could extend further.
This is a fresh thinking, dynamic and energetic agency, full of inspiring and supportive people.
They’ve worked with this famous and well loved brand for over 5 years, creating engaging social and digital campaigns across their product portfolio. And as of this year they are a brand partner for the a huge sporting platform which, for the next 3 years, will provide many opportunities to leverage this partnership via social and digital content to retail activations.
They’re a great client to work with, excited by big ideas and technological innovation. Our primary responsibility lies in managing all their social channels: Facebook; Instagram; Twitter; & YouTube and for experimenting with any emerging platforms.
We’re looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, passionate Senior Community Manager/Social Media Manager. A great communicator who can work with a diverse range of teams.
The successful candidate needs to be socially native, with experience of managing, coordinating and responding across platforms, particularly Facebook and Twitter. They will need to be responsible for owning the day to day management of the account - from posting content, ensuring timely responses, manage social media calendars to top line analytics, while maintaining brand TOV.
A strong understanding and interest in Social Media is fundamental with Community Management at the core. In general, you need to be positively buoyant; resilient and up for a challenge, whether it be responding to consumer queries, developing social FAQs or collaborating with the brand or team on reactive content or crisis/incident management.
All candidates should enjoy working as part of a close-knit team working as part of a 5-strong social/digital Account Team.
This position will report into an Account Director. And ideally, have a minimum 3-years’ experience working on a fast-paced brand well-versed in handling high volumes of consumer-chatter.
This brief is for maternity cover; initially for a fixed 9-month contract, with the potential to extend for a further 3 months.
The role will require some weekend and evening cover to support reactive social content or crisis management.
Core Skills / Experience:
• At least 3 years’ experience managing social media channels
• A passion for communications and Community Management – a great communicator
• Detailed understanding of posting brand content to and responding on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter channels, ideally on a high-volume, fast turnaround social brand account.
• Clear knowledge of the social media landscape and optimization of content on key channels
• Experience of working with social moderation tools preferably Sysomos
• Experience of social analytics tools and reporting metrics preferably Crimson Hexagon
• Strong and creative wordsmith and proof-reading skills
• Fluency in English
• A self-starter with an eye for detail
• Comfortable in a fast-paced environment working to tight deadlines with the ability to multitask
• Robust understanding of brand reputation and Social Crisis Management
• Ability to work across client /agency departments to deliver cross-functional responses through social channels – and to co-ordinate with PR and CGA counterparts at times to adapt media or legal statements.
• Ability to lead and foster close relationship with CGA, Customer Care team and PR agencies.
• Comfortable taking a risk-balanced approach to social in responses and content and the ability to identify issues before they arise / escalate accordingly.
• Day to day management of social communities across all social media channels – regular posting and monitoring of content, ensuring timely responses to customer queries and tone of voice consistency.
• Primary contact for PR/Corporate & Government Affairs (CGA) and Customer Care, ensuring the best social consumer responses for campaigns or potential contentious conversations. This will also involve adapting or putting together Social Q&As (campaign, new product, contentious media topics).
• Ownership of social processes/procedures (approval, scheduling, monitoring), including regularly reviewing our Crisis and Incident Plan and inputting into relevant ‘Wargaming’ sessions prior to campaign launch.
• Ownership of the Content Calendar – inputting activity, shuffling and flagging possible clashes. Pre-empting/planning work load off the back of this.
• Custodian of social reputation.
• Joint Lead (alongside an Account Director) of relationships with Sysomos, Facebook, Twitter and Google.
• May be required to develop ad-hoc social content across reactive projects. This could be through additional copy or pushing the creation through the agency from design to approval with client.
• Positive, upbeat personality
• Expert communicator
• Natural collaborator - someone who can work with a diverse range of teams internally and externally, at a range of levels
• Problem solver - someone who works towards a solution and open to working with a team to find the fastest/best outcome
• Energetic - is able to inject a high level of personal energy into helping the team
• Committed & resilient – has the willingness and appetite to work around the clock when needed