Key Account Director International Exhibition
This is a rare & exciting opportunity that has arisen within this major exhibition Group's London Headquarters, managing Key Accounts for a market-leading international event. They are looking for an exceptional, seasoned & proven account manager with solid experience of handling Key Accounts and providing year on year account growth. The individual will also have experience of closing high-value deals with large, blue chip companies at senior management or director level.
The role will involve the retention and growth of Key Accounts as well as the New Business acquisition of clients in line with event strategy. The primary sales opportunity is sponsorship, including branding, lunches, ancillary events etc. often forming the base of a bespoke package also encompassing exhibition and delegate options.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the London International Sales Office and Headquarters. This company specialise in running market-leading events in emerging markets and are one of the world’s leading organisers of international trade exhibitions and conferences.
The role will entail:
• Managing a portfolio of key accounts with five and six figure contract value
• Cultivate strong relationships with multiple senior stakeholders with a consultative approach
• Achieving and exceeding agreed show and personal revenue and profit targets
• Undertaking research to understand the market objectives, aims and ambitions of your client base
• To work closely with and within each business to identify its aims, objectives and requirements
• Tailor opportunities available, creating strong partnership propositions
• To identify and secure new sales opportunities with potential for developing into key accounts
• Work closely with other departments, content, marketing, and sales to operate as one team.
What the role can do for you…
• Work with a truly international client base of key industry players
• Opportunity to sell and account manage in a truly consultative style on an industry leading event
• Work in a heavily incentivised environment
• Provide international travel
• Experienced sales person with minimum 5 years account management
• Experience in handling high value contracts – often up to 6-figure sums
• Commercially-minded and commercially aware of value propositions; skilled at selling non-tangible products or services
• Knowledge of the energy (and especially oil and gas) industry will prove a distinct advantage
• Enthusiasm for learning and ability to quickly grasp new ideas
• Ability to build relationships with several stakeholders in complex matrix organisations.
Personal qualities & background:
• Open Minded and collaborative
• Investigative and patient, with exceptional relationship-building techniques.
• Focused. Strives to achieve excellence as standard.
• Should display resilience and adaptability
• Solutions focused
• Self-motivated and driven by success
Project Management and Organizational Skills:
• A high level of self-motivation and the ability to manage heavy workloads and meet target
• Ability to prioritise effectively, anticipate obstacles and find effective solutions
Influencing Internally and Externally:
• Persuasive and professional on the phone
• Outstanding oral and written skills
• Able to communicate and network effectively with people across many different industries and levels of seniority
• Strong rapport building skills with clients and colleagues
Apply for Key Account Director International Exhibition
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly