Marketing manager (employee benefits, pensions)
The role of the employee communications consultant is the design and delivery of employee communication strategies and then to help roll these out to clients, with ongoing management.
You will use a variety of media including written, web, films and e-marketing.
- Engage with existing and new clients in relation to their internal communications
- Drafting content for pensions and employee benefits communications and creating design briefs.
- Attending client meetings and contributing ideas and strategies for effective communications across a variety of media and online and offline channels.
- Liaising with clients and working through different communications strategies
- Preparing project estimates and timetables
- Provide copy for off line materials such as announcements, newsletters, booklets, personalised statements, posters, etc.
- Working with multiple stakeholders, including other third parties, such as administrators, actuaries and lawyers.
- Designing communication solutions that use member data to drive personalised and segmented communications.
- Providing support on social media content, new business pitches, etc as required.
- Assist in new business development and attend new business pitches
Key qualities the role requires
- Track record in creating and delivering innovative reward and pension communication strategies.
- Results driven outlook and commitment to enabling employees to make informed choices about pensions and benefits.
- Demonstrate project management experience and the ability to build relationships with clients, understanding their needs and environment
- Strong digital user experience design and copywriting skills.
- Able to outline content, draft and effectively build in multiple comments while maintaining flow
- Commercially minded team player with strong client relationship skills and a sharp focus on customer service.
- Creative yet pragmatic. Having the confidence to bring your own ideas forward while being flexible and open to wider teams inputs.
- Able to deliver projects on time, within budget and to the highest quality.
- Interested in the application of digital media to enhance employee communications.
- Team player – willing to get involved, whatever the task.
Essential skills and competencies
- Ideally Technical knowledge of Defined Contribution and Defined Benefit pension scheme design and wider employee benefits, such as all employee share schemes.
- Some previous pensions communications experience
- Good organisational skills:
o to plan and organise work efficiently
o to handle several projects at same time
o to work under pressure and meet deadlines
o to work with minimum supervision and be able to use initiative
- Good communication skills: - able to liaise with external and internal clients in a clear and professional way
- Good team player
- Happy and friendly manner, with lots of energy
- Good eye for detail