Head of Paid Search
- Digital leader in the centre of Bristol.
- Highly innovative offering with strong team & investment.
- Strategic, leadership role of a paid search team.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll have overall responsibility for a Paid Search team of seven, as part of the wider digital marketing team. This is a truly innovative business so while you’ll need to pitch new ideas to the board, Paid Search is a core growth channel for the team, as reflected by the multi-million pound budgets across PPC and Paid Social. It’s an established team but this is a new leadership role for you to really take their approach to the next level.
While your team will be hands on, you’ll remain close to the day to day to understand which levers will contribute to your overall strategy. This includes account structure, keyword research, ad copy testing, bid management, conversion tracking and insights / reporting. Understanding what motivates your team will allow you to set the right goals based on the overarching targets of the business.
You’ll be comfortable liaising with stakeholders at a range of levels, i.e. presenting at board level to gain support for strategic initiatives, working with your manager to combine paid search with organic / CRM and managing your own team. This will help you work as part of a team to deliver fully integrated campaigns across a number of channels. Linking this in with a solid knowledge of the business products / services will see you spot new opportunities for growth.
What experience you’ll need
- Strong paid search experience from an agency or client side setting.
- Broad knowledge across AdWords, Bing, Facebook and Display will help you bring together a comprehensive paid search strategy.
- Comfortable working with significant media budgets.
- Experience leading and motivating a team.
- Highly analytical approach and strong reporting skills.
There is a competitive salary on offer so please get in touch for more details. Benefits include a generous holiday allowance, pension scheme, free breakfast / fruit and more.
Get in touch with Joe to hear more about this role.