Part of the DDD Group of companies, Dendron markets and sells OTC pharmaceutical and toiletry branded products through all trade channels. It carries DDD owned brands but also markets, sells and distributes third party brands. Dendron as a company may not be familiar to many but its brands certainly are. Dendron’s range of brands is impressive and covers pharmacy led medicines, including iconic, market leading brands Ibuleve topical
analgesic, Bazuka for verrucas, Otex earcare and Freederm for spots and acne; innovative general sales licence medicines such as 4head for headaches, Adios slimming tablets and Dentinox baby medicines; plus,
mainstream toiletries such as Blistex lipcare, Mum deodorant, Fenjal body care and Astral moisturiser.
As a medium-sized family owned company Dendron’s lack of bureaucracy and flat structure encourages autonomy and rapid decision-making within a fully supportive environment. This would suit someone who is potentially frustrated with a big corporate culture. The Brand Management role to Dendron is central to this Sales and Marketing focused company, with ownership and responsibility for all aspects of the brands’ activities the remit of the Brand Manager.
The Brand Manager is the owner of the brand in Dendron. It is the Brand Manager who formulates strategy as well as translating that strategy into achievable objectives and tactics, which then need to be driven through to successful fruition. Dermal Laboratories are launching a new OTC brand, this role is critical to the launch which will be supported by a significant ATL campaign. 4head is an innovative topical pain relief for headaches which also has significant ATL spend.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and achieve budgeted sales and profitability targets for the new brand 4head in line with agreed expenditure and consumer and trade strategies.
- Be the central point of contact for each brand throughout the business.
- Maintain exceptional business relationships with brand Principals through faultless account management and communication.
- To develop, recommend and execute marketing plans for the new brand 4head and manage the effective deployment of the marketing budget.
- Challenge costs and aggressively pursue value optimisation opportunities.
- Maximise brands’ potential; ensuring brands are competitive in the marketplace, in relation to the optimum communication strategies, trade promotions, advertising, packaging and pricing.
- Manage the ATL development process and own the communication strategies for both the new brand 4head showing strong creative judgement.
- Ensure all activity conforms to all relevant UK governing bodies e.g. MHRA, PAGB, Clearcast and RACC.
- Project manage the introduction of brand range extensions and new product launches.
- Work with the Dendron Sales Team to maximise brands’ potential, in relation to the optimum shelf presence, trade promotional activity, POS display and distribution.
- Providing monthly production forecasts and liaising regularly with third party manufacturers to ensure optimal stock position.
In order to succeed at this role, it is expected you will have:
- Degree level of qualification or CIM equivalent.
- Strong all round relevant FMCG marketing experience, exposure to all of the marketing mix.
- Experience of brand planning and strategic thinking and evidence of successful implementation.
- Experience of working on the advertising process, with a keen creative eye.
- Experience of planning and analysing trade promotional activity.
- Ability to understand key profit loss data.
- Results orientated and capable of working autonomously.
- Demonstrate strong consumer understanding.
- Ability to demonstrate strong project management skills, delivering high profile projects on time and in budget.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Personable and adaptable: including ability to converse and empathise with a wide variety of people.
- Passionate and enthusiastic with the ability to make a quick impact.
- An ingrained Customer Service ethos.
- Flexible and able to use own initiative.
- Strong organisational capabilities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Extremely high standard of written English Language.
- Full driving license.
Previous experience of the healthcare market is preferred although not required