This post will be responsible for providing policy and research support to the charity. The post-holder will be central to delivery of the charity’s policy and research activities and making sure our work delivers the maximum possible impact for older people. The role will report into the Senior Policy Officer.
The post-holder will work within a team of seven members of staff, bringing together research, policy, campaigns and public affairs professionals.
The main duties are as follows:
- Provide active oversight of social care and other policy issues that affect older people in order to keep the charity up-to-date on latest developments
- Provide flexible policy support across the charity based on the latest evidence provided by its research or services
- Provide regular updates and summaries of policy as it affects older people
- Revise and keep up-to-date the charity’s policy positions on established policy areas
- Work with the team to identify and develop new policy issues for the charity
- Research and produce the charity’s formal responses to government consultation documents and monitor the outcome
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate statistics relevant to older people and respond to both internal and external queries relating to those statistics
- Support the delivery of high quality research projects across a number of policy areas
- Support external engagement activity.
- Support the production and delivery of policy and research collateral.
- Provide information and policy perspectives for media briefings and responses to media enquiries
- Represent the charity as appropriate at meetings and work effectively with external organisations and stakeholders to promote the charity’s key policy messages.
- Support the work of colleagues across the organisation including supporting strategic goals and other cross divisional objectives required.
- To observe and comply with all Independent Age Policies, including the key policies and procedures on Confidentiality, Data Protection, Health and Safety and Information Technology Policies and Procedures.
- To undertake specific safety responsibilities relevant to individual roles.
- Some requirement to travel which may involve overnight stays.
Job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and so the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Independent Age is committed to equality of opportunity and of eliminating discrimination. All employees are expected to adhere to the principles set out in its Equal Opportunities Policy and all other relevant guidance/practice frameworks.