To develop and deliver high impact campaigns that lead to changes in policy and practice, nationally and locally, that improve the lives of older people. To build and support Independent Age’s network of campaigners, especially older people themselves.
The main duties are as follows:
Working with the Campaigns Manager, Campaigns team members, and colleagues in other teams, you will:
- Develop and deliver effective campaigns that make a significant contribution to the impact of our influencing work
- Write campaign actions and other materials that are creative, accessible, delivered to deadline, and maximise supporter participation
- Maximise the recruitment and retention of active campaign supporters
- Identify and recruit people with lived experiences for our campaigns activity, ensuring that this is done in accordance with organisational policy
- Develop and maintain online campaign content such as website pages and online actions
- Collect relevant data and produce regular evaluation reports, and updates on campaigns, against agreed targets
- Delivering accessible and engaging news about our policy and campaigns work to colleagues and volunteers using relevant internal communications channels
- Provide administrative support to the Campaigns team as required
- Assist Independent Age’s campaigns activities by taking on ad hoc tasks at the request of the Campaigns Manager and Head of Campaigns and Influencing as required
Job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and so the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Independent Age is committed to equality of opportunity and of eliminating discrimination. All employees are expected to adhere to the principles set out in its Equal Opportunities Policy and all other relevant guidance/practice frameworks.