Senior Planner roles - Melbourne, Aus. and Auckland, NZ
We are recruiting for two Senior Planner roles in great agencies in Melbourne, Australia and Auckland, New Zealand. Both agencies are at the top of the game and out-punching the competition, so if you’re a Brit/European, with London-based training and experience, who fancies a move down under; or an Antipodean who has gained good UK planning experience and is now looking to make the move back home, please do read on:
Melbourne - Senior Planner, Automotive (up to £80k GB pounds equivalent, plus further 9.5% pension contributions)
This highly-respected agency was one of the best independent agencies in Australia for many years before being acquired by an international network a couple of years ago (but with the original management team still in place). Strong both strategically and commercially, they are also picking up lots of creative awards so feel very much on the ascent. With offices in Sydney and Melbourne, you would spend half your time reporting into the Sydney-based Group Executive Planning Director on a large automotive account and the remainder working on accounts including FMCG, fast food and new business.
The Senior Planner should also:
- Have an integrated way of thinking about organising ideas and communications (from brand architecture through brand and cpmms planning to engagement planning and IA)
- Be driven to solve client business problems
- Be capable of both thinking big,/delivering transformational strategies and tackling tactical and retail campaigns
- Be able to provide clients with clarity and interesting consumer insights.
- Have an interest in / good knowledge of the CX process and enjoy collaborating with the digital team
You may be quite an experienced and established senior planner looking for immediate sponsorship, but the agency will also consider younger planners with real potential. And if you are under 30 years, there is the opportunity to come out on a working holiday visa, starting in a temporary position before going perm.
Auckland – Senior Planner (£60-70k+ GB Pounds equivalent)
This Auckland-based creative agency has been ranked by Cannes as one of the top 10 independent agencies in the world and has won numerous creative awards across virtually every discipline. Strong both strategically and creatively, with some world class talent from around the globe, they offer an attractive blend of advertising and design work for a lovely mix of clients from big global to smaller, domestic brands.
As the only Senior Planner in the agency, you would report into the London-trained Head of Strategy across all of the agency’s clients as needed. You would help him manage and develop the agency’s client-base, push forward the agency's vision, and grow the agency both organically and through new business.
The Senior Planner should also:
- Have a passion for ideas, fresh perspectives and creative work
- Be able to tell a great story
- Develop an insightful command of their clients’ brand, consumer, culture, category and company
- Demonstrate the skills and experience to become a senior client partner, managing mid-senior level client partnerships
- Have the charisma to make a sparky, insightful addition to the agency
- Digital expertise, comms planning experience and a passion for design thinking would all be considered great bonuses.
If either of these roles sound like a fit for a Senior Planner of your calibre and you are up for an exciting lifestyle change, then please get in touch and apply today.
We apologise but we cannot respond to all unsuccessful applications.