Key Account Manager Int'l Exhibition
Do you have experience selling to the international education markets? In this job you will be working for a major b2b exhibition across the education technology landscape, bringing together leading education companies and exciting new edtech start ups who want to meet more than 34,000 attendees from the global education community. They all come together to celebrate, find inspiration and discuss the future of education, as well as the role technology and innovation plays in enabling all educators and learners to thrive.
Purpose of the role
• To increase revenue through building & managing regional key accounts and driving the key account relationship through understanding the clients objectives, developing and managing the implementation of strategy, particularly in relation to revenue growth and client service excellence.
• They are looking for someone who can marry both the strategic consultancy mindset in terms of future opportunity and growth, but also the incisive commercial acumen necessary to work with major accounts and senior stakeholders. We are looking for an intellectual, sophisticated sales professional that can engage with senior leaders who can understand their objectives and challenges and have the ability to create solutions.
Achieve/exceed specified targets as agreed with Line Manager in respect of the following:
• To increase revenue from each customer and drive space and non space sales
• To continually build on the knowledge of the client organisation and understanding of their market & strategy, both at HQ and local level, and maintaining high visibility & impact with the client
• To ensure an excellent understanding of the client’s needs
• Ensuring consistent quality of services with every client interaction and ensure overall client satisfaction
• Developing people relationships at the client and ensuring SAF is always front of mind
• Building competitive knowledge and sharing best practice across the account
• Realising price rises
• Outstanding self-awareness, able to command respect, with high levels of influencing skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills, good at building effective working relationships at all levels and able to deal with senior clients
• First rate communicator with proven business development and negotiation skills
• Ability to assimilate knowledge rapidly and apply it influentially
• Ability to question and challenge with authority & diplomacy – an influencer and persuader
• Strengths in building effective relationships and networks
• Excellent organisation and planning skills.
• Proven track record in key account management, ideally from with an exhibitions/events background
• Experience of working closely with senior managers on commercial issues
• Experience of managing across an international and diverse cultural business
• A strong commercial outlook
• Experience in an online environment desirable.