Social Media Manager
At Direct Line Group, we’re shaping the future. With a mission to make insurance easier and better value for our customers, we embrace change in all its richness and variety. It’s not just what we do; it’s how we do it. We bring our whole selves to work every day and embrace fresh thinking – after all, Britain is constantly changing and to protect the nation, we adapt with it.
Across our diverse brands – including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege and Green Flag – change takes many forms. We appreciate the knowledge and skills that each one of us brings to the business. It’s hard not to be inspired by the things that make us unique. Boldness, curiosity and enthusiasm go a long way. And they’re helping us transform the industry we lead.
The social media team here at DLG is award winning, and we don’t want that to stop! As Social Media Manager you will manage the content and planning process for Direct Line Group’s brands, helping to develop the social strategy and bringing it to life across social media platforms. You will think creatively and plan strategically. Ultimately you will be passionate about social media and can help us turn data into actionable insight to further drive our business forward. This will be a 12 month Fixed Term Contract.
- Deliver the social media brand strategy for Direct Line, Churchill, Green Flag and Privilege across multiple social platforms through developing a robust social content calendar for all brands, identifying content themes and stories for reactive and proactive social engagement.
- Work with DLG’s Community Manager, PR, SEO and Social Media Customer Service and Claims teams to develop best in class earned media strategy for our content to increase our brands’ exposure to relevant social communities and influencers and to increase our brands’ association with affinity brands, influencers and communities.
- Manage the content publishing process, including associate governance - approval workflow, compliance, archiving/documenting.
- Provide regular reports and analysis of social content and sentiment performance to senior stakeholders, providing insights and recommendations.
- Work closely with the Social Media Editor and Biddable Team to define our cross channel paid social media strategy to drive fan acquisition and engagement to support our brand health.
- Co-ordinate all aspects of the paid social marketing briefs to the Internal Biddable Media Team so they can implement campaigns.
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders across the business to ensure the successful delivery of projects.
- Manage the day to day relationships with our agencies.
Skills & Qualities You'll Need
- Social media experience gained in either agency or client side role.
- Excellent creative skills, including copywriting, video and image production.
- Expertise in publishing content via social media platform tools (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube) and social media management systems like (Hootsuite, Sprinklr, Conversocial etc).
- In-depth knowledge of social media platforms, market trends, consumer behaviour and best practices.
- Integrated marketing mind set (offline and online, paid, owned, shared and earned channels)
- Detail oriented, ability to work within tight deadlines, adjust to changes in priorities and balance short term needs with long term strategic initiatives.
- Ability to identify what could become reputational issue.
- Expertise in using analytics tools (e.g. Facebook, YouTube and Twitter Insights etc) and developing meaningful measurement reports, analysis and actionable recommendations on next steps.
- Expertise in using Social Media Listening tools like Sonar and Brandwatch. Ability to interpret and analyse the data and create reports and dashboards for cross-departmental and executive reporting. These reports are used for success measurement, campaign summaries, share of voice monitoring, trending topics, etc.
- Strategically guide stakeholders in the business on the best ways to achieve campaign and channel objectives via paid social media activity (YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook).
Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday - Friday
Life at Direct Line Group
Let our colleagues answer your questions and tell you what it’s really like to work at DLG. Visit our discussion hub to find out why Direct Line Group is a special place to work.
Career benefits and rewards
Rewarding you is really important to us, as well as offering a competitive salary and generous holiday entitlement; you can take advantage of a wide range of benefits. The best part is you can pick and choose the benefits to suit your own lifestyle, but also pass on some of the savings to family and friends. Here are just a few we have on offer:
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do.
- Pension 9% of your base salary, you can choose to contribute less or more than this, and anything you don’t wish to put in to your pension you can take as cash instead!
- Private medical insurance (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- 50% off our Home, Motor and Pet insurance
- Free Travel insurance
- Free Green Flag breakdown cover
- Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
- Retail card, with discounts at big name retailers
- My Discounts - a discounts website for all our employees, with great discounts, cash back savings and offers across hundreds of brilliant high street brands, travel, tickets, gym memberships and much more.