Front End Developer
A client can have a great opportunity, a planner can have a great understanding of the problem and a creative can come up with an amazing idea, but unless it works flawlessly in the hands of a user it’s all for nothing. That’s why Front-End developers are so important at Prophecy. In this role you’ll work closely with UX, Design, QA and back end developers to join up customer journeys for household names.
If you are looking for a place to shine and to work within a community of talented people, who create compelling ideas and experiences, drop us a line.
We’d like to hear from you if you’re an enthusiastic junior or a budding midweight, if you’ve got passion and drive, we’re all ears.
What you will do…
- Build, test and maintain consumer facing responsive websites, HTML banners and responsive HTML emails, for big name clients, using optimised and clean front-end code
- Be a chameleon, tailoring your process to each project, and delivering every time
- Be a guiding light, happy to contribute to and inform our front-end offering and effectiveness
- Use Photoshop/Sketch to turn static designs into interactive web projects, driving the creative and technical vision
- Perform cross platform bug fixing and testing
- Bring both a creative eye and technical knowledge to Prophecy, determining the best possible technical route to bring digital briefs to life.
- Look beyond the boundaries, and see the possibilities
What you will need to succeed…
- Experience in a similar Front End role, and the drive and passion to make the next step in your career
- Ideally a relevant Computer Science qualification, or proven experience
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to connect with our teams and our clients, confidently sharing knowledge and presenting work back to the team
- Good and brand-new knowledge of front end stacks and web tech with a keen eye for UI and UX
- All the kit, Excel, Photoshop, Sketch, Google Docs, with a good bit of CSS too
- You’ll have worked with CMS platforms ideally Umbraco, Drupal or WordPress
- A genuine interest in developing your career with one of the top agency teams in the business
This is us…
We are Prophecy Unlimited, the forward-thinking, Bristol-based agency that thinks life is better when it’s joined-up. From attention-grabbing content that engages people into a brand, to seamless CRM that keeps them there. We are 200 spirited individuals who work with clarity, curiosity and vision to join up the journey from acquisition to advocacy.
Prophecy Unlimited is part of The Unlimited Group, which brings together a unique blend of discipline experts from across 26 specialist companies to offer a world of thinking without limits.
What we value…
Great work stems from a great team. So, we are dedicated to delivering for our clients, and passionate about how we do it. We live our values and have a lot of fun along the way, offering talented individuals a rewarding, dynamic and vibrant culture in which to build careers and friendships. Our values reflect what we believe to be most important as an agency.
• Generosity is the way we think and act and the big heart that unites us.
• Spirit is the positive, fearless and imaginative approach we take to everything we do.
• Clarity is the precision and vision it takes to simplify the complex.
• Curiosity is the need to ask questions, challenge assumptions. To wonder and explore.
What we give…
You get to work in lovely contemporary offices in the heart of Bristol with likeminded talented people who share your passion. Plus, there’s career development and training at every turn, a generous holiday allowance, your birthday day off and early festive closing. You even get the chance to take a volunteer day to support a cause you care about.
We do all the stuff you would expect:
- 25 days’ holiday + Bank Holidays
- Matched Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Healthcare Cash Back Scheme
- Interest free travel season ticket loan, Cycle scheme
And we do a few things you might not expect…
We keep you going with fresh fruit, breakfast on us and great coffee. We have a calendar of social and charity events throughout the year, there’s always something going on.
Join us and join in. We make noise. We laugh. We share. We welcome new ideas and new people – including you.
Sound good? If you think you tick all the boxes, please send your CV and tell us why you should join the team.
We will be reviewing applications on Friday 28th September 2018
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community
Apply for Front End Developer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly