Database Manager - London - Balham
£30,000 - £43,000 salary!
Database Manager - The Company
Our client is an innovator in the specialist travel sector, with over 50 independently operated brands, most of which are leaders in their sector.
Database Manager - Key Skills
You're a data champion with demonstrable experience as a Data Manager and a strong understanding of databases, data analysis procedures, data administration, and data management functions (collection, analysis, distribution, etc.).
You're familiar with modern database and information system technologies as well as a proficient SQL & MS Office user.
You understand data protection regulations, including GDPR, and establish rules, processes and system functions to meet the regulations.
Database Manager - Additional key skills
Previous experience implementing a new CRM system is a distinctive advantage, not to mention a passion for adventure travel.
You're a positive, proactive, can-do individual who brings energy to the team and very strong collaborator.
Database Manager - The Role
As a Database Manager, you'll oversee the developments and use of data systems, discovering efficient ways to organise, store, and analyse data and attention to security and confidentiality. Working closely with the rest of the data team as well as wider marketing team, you'll ensure all data requests are fulfilled accurately and in a timely manner.
Data Collection & usage
- Create and enforce policies for effective data management, especially marketing permissions, under latest regulations such as GDPR.
- Be the data champion, ensuring that all the required documentation, actions and knowledge is held around the business. Specifically ensuring that data retention, permissions, privacy/cookie policies are documented and well known and that 3rd party/data processor contracts are compliant and that past/future GDPR compliance actions are also documented.
- Manage the data flow from various customer touch points to the CRM platforms
- Recognise online and offline opportunities to collect quality data, layout out strategies and plans to grow the addressable base.
- Formulate quality data collection techniques-ensure data adequacy/accuracy/legitimacy
- Respond to customer data queries by correcting customer data and identifying system improvements, responding to Subject Access Requests if required.
- Be the customer champion - ensure a customer-centric approach to collecting and using data.
Data System Management
- CRM System - take ownership of current CRM data and operations; play a lead role in the project to implement a new CRM in 2018, as well as running testing and data integrity test as the system is introduced.
- Ensure quality of customer data, maintaining accurate single customer view, with regular quality check on data
- Ensure information flows timely and securely to/from/within the organisation
- Support others in daily use of data systems-ensure adherence to legal/company standards
- Ensure digital databases and archives are protected from security breaches and data losses
- Troubleshoot data-related problems and authorise maintenance or modifications
- Monitor and analyse data systems-evaluate performance to discover ways of enhancing these systems
- (e.g. new technologies, upgrades, etc.)
Data Reporting, Selections & Analysis
- Campaign selections for Email, Direct mail/cold list, Brochure, Facebook and other channels
- Produce regular and ad hoc reports-ensure accuracy/prioritisation
- Ascertain data on customer profiles and purchase patterns-present data to wider team
- Devise and implement efficient and secure procedures for data handling and analysis
- Ensure integrity of data pulled to fulfil kitbags, luggage labels, and promotional offers
- Lead the way in growing the addressable customer base, ensuring new data is captured and utilised with accurate permissions.
In addition to base salary, the company offers a wide range of benefits and career progression opportunities.
For further assurance, please review my profile on LinkedIn and connect with me; Search for "CRISTINA PRODAN". To apply for this fantastic opportunity or for further information, please contact: Cristina Prodan| DD: 020 78 45 72 02 - firstname.lastname@example.org Please notes all applications will be made in confidence. Feel free to call me directly.