At Direct Line Group, we’re shaping the future. With a mission to make insurance easier and better value for our customers, we embrace change in all its richness and variety. It’s not just what we do; it’s how we do it. We bring our whole selves to work every day and embrace fresh thinking – after all, Britain is constantly changing and to protect the nation, we adapt with it.
Across our diverse brands – including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege and Green Flag – change takes many forms. We appreciate the knowledge and skills that each one of us brings to the business. It’s hard not to be inspired by the things that make us unique. Boldness, curiosity and enthusiasm go a long way. And they’re helping us transform the industry we lead.
The focus of this role is to lead the planning and delivery for digital communication across all DLG’s brands and be the main Digital Marketing representative to internal and external stakeholders. You will act as the digital champion and will provide digital planning expertise as part of integrated multi-channel thinking. Working alongside key stakeholders across Marketing & our agencies, you will ensure digital is seamlessly integrated into our campaigns, from strategy all the way through to measurement. The role will manage the delivery of digital strategic projects and will need superb organisation and project management skills to ensure delivery from both internal and external teams. This is a fast paced, dynamic role which requires someone who is highly commercial, has attention to detail, excellent problem-solving skills and good level of data literacy alongside digital expertise.
This role is a pivotal role within the Digital team and the owner of this role needs to visibly and proactively support all things digital. Being the conduit for digital project planning & delivery.
What being a Digital Manager involves;
- Delivery of the regular digital strategy updates to key stakeholders, co-ordinating across teams & agencies to provide a cohesive narrative
- Work closely with the Head of Digital on key strategic projects and initiatives that deliver digital strategy to meet business requirements and challenges
- Have one eye on the future and be on top of any potential developments within marketing that could change the way that we do business. This continual innovation should be assessed, weighed, developed into a strategy & presented to the wider marketing team
- Be the digital professional in the integrated planning process. Working with brand team stakeholders & media agency to create a digitally integrated briefs & response to brief
- Own the delivery of post campaign analysis co-ordinating across measurement and delivery teams to ensure key learning is shared and recorded for future planning
- Be an advocate of digital learning, making sure that not only do campaigns achieve their goals through thorough planning but also that we test, learn and use an iterative approach to improve the next plan
- Be the custodian of the accumulated learnings of digital, creating & sharing digital playbooks to the wider marketing teams to ensure that the marketing team is well informed and able to have effective digital conversations
Skills & Qualities you will need;
- Highly focused, self-led and self-sufficient individual, with the resilience to pursue business change and ability to challenge with compelling arguments
- Strong communicator, able to relay complex technical information in a meaningful way so that stakeholders understand the need for change and buy into the plans
- Effective internal and external stakeholder management with ability to influence decision makers and drive delivery. Help facilitate change management with an operational focus to deliver digital marketing, flexible approach in a fast changing and evolving environment.
Life at Direct Line Group
Let our colleagues answer your questions and tell you what it’s really like to work at DLG. Visit our discussion hub to find out why Direct Line Group is a special place to work.
Career benefits and rewards
Rewarding you is really important to us, as well as offering a competitive salary and generous holiday entitlement; you can take advantage of a wide range of benefits. The best part is you can pick and choose the benefits to suit your own lifestyle, but also pass on some of the savings to family and friends. Here are just a few we have on offer:
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do.
- Pension 9% of your base salary, you can choose to contribute less or more than this, and anything you don’t wish to put in to your pension you can take as cash instead!
- Private medical insurance (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- 50% off our Home, Motor and Pet insurance
- Free Travel insurance
- Free Green Flag breakdown cover
- Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
- Retail card, with discounts at big name retailers
- My Discounts - a discounts website for all our employees, with great discounts, cash back savings and offers across hundreds of brilliant high street brands, travel, tickets, gym memberships and much more.