At Direct Line Group, we’re shaping the future. With a mission to make insurance easier and better value for our customers, we embrace change in all its richness and variety. It’s not just what we do; it’s how we do it. We bring our whole selves to work every day and embrace fresh thinking – after all, Britain is constantly changing and to protect the nation, we adapt with it.
Across our diverse brands – including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege and Gren Flag – change takes many forms. We appreciate the knowledge and skills that each one of us brings to the business. It’s hard not to be inspired by the things that make us unique. Boldness, curiosity and enthusiasm go a long way. And they’re helping us transform the industry we lead.
Want to join the Wolf & Churchie and work with some of the most exciting brands in the UK? Are you a creative communications professional who wants to join the multi-award winning in-house team at Direct Line Group? If so, we have the role for you! Leading the PR strategy for our car insurance products, you will be responsible for creating and implementing dynamic and multi-dimensional campaigns for Direct Line, Churchill and Privilege.
As well as providing counsel to business stakeholders, building relationships with key journalists you will also be a spokesperson for your category. In addition to being part of a high performing team, you’ll also be working with some of the best PR agencies in the industry. You will work with our business teams and Marketing to support activities and initiatives, to protect and enhance the reputation of the ‘own brands’ within Direct Line Group.
You will also be responsible for leading, inspiring and developing our PR intern as well as recruiting the next one as part of our ongoing 12month PR internship programme.
What being a PR Manager involves;
- Create and implement a PR strategy for car insurance (own brands) and telematics for selected brands
- Management of retained PR agency
- Provide communications counsel to the business
- Establish a strong internal network across Direct Line Group
- Ensure compliance with policy and advise the business on any communications issues
- Development of authoritative ‘lines to take’ on industry or product issues
- Ensure a prompt and informed response to queries and complaints from journalists across a wide range of issues
- Contribute to increased positivity on an annual basis in MORI PFJ survey
- Regular f2f meetings with target media that result in coverage being achieved on chosen topics
- Broad working knowledge (deployed with media) of the products and services offered
- Provide timely and clear updates to the Head of News/Head of Brand PR & Social Media/MLT and key business managers on likely media activity in advance
Skills & Qualities you will need;
- A thorough knowledge of personal finance media and current journalists. Existing media contacts desirable
- Creative thinker and writer
- Excellent written and communication skills – the ability to assimilate complex business messages and briefs and produce clear, concise media materials
- Results and delivery oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A good instinct for what might become a media issue
- Results and delivery oriented
Life at Direct Line Group
Let our colleagues answer your questions and tell you what it’s really like to work at DLG. Visit our discussion hub to find out why Direct Line Group is a special place to work.
Career benefits and rewards
Rewarding you is really important to us, as well as offering a competitive salary and generous holiday entitlement; you can take advantage of a wide range of benefits. The best part is you can pick and choose the benefits to suit your own lifestyle, but also pass on some of the savings to family and friends. Here are just a few we have on offer:
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do.
- Pension 9% of your base salary, you can choose to contribute less or more than this, and anything you don’t wish to put in to your pension you can take as cash instead!
- Private medical insurance (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- 50% off our Home, Motor and Pet insurance
- Free Travel insurance
- Free Green Flag breakdown cover
- Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
- Retail card, with discounts at big name retailers
- My Discounts - a discounts website for all our employees, with great discounts, cash back savings and offers across hundreds of brilliant high street brands, travel, tickets, gym memberships and much more.