Marketing Manager - Product
Marketing Manager - Product
A dynamic and proactive Marketing Manager, who has software and / or product marketing experience, is needed to join the Manchester office of a global software business. Renowned for selling products and services to the cultural and heritage sector, our client works with some of the most influential museums, libraries, archives, schools in the world to help them manage and share their collections and knowledge.
The successful Marketing Manager / Product Marketing Manager will take on a full mix-product marketing role, in a truly global environment – launching and promoting e-software products and services in the UK, North America, Australasia, Middle East, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, and Sweden. Working closely with the Brand Director, you’ll interact daily with colleagues from offices around the world. You may also enjoy some travel opportunities as part of the role.
You will join their marketing and products team who are creative, progressive and continually developing their offer. In the coming months they are working on exciting new projects to significantly broaden their product and services portfolio, improve their branding and their digital marketing.
To succeed, the Marketing Manager / Product Marketing Manager will be keen to take responsibility and learn new skills, not afraid to experiment and will enjoy working collaboratively with a variety of people. You’ll be supported from day one and given comprehensive training on the products and services they sell, as well as the markets they serve, and marketing in a global environment.
Key responsibilities for the Marketing Manager / Product Marketing Manager will include:
- Planning the launches of new products and releases of existing products – you will also manage the cross-functional implementation of the plans.
- Developing a marketing plan for the products you support – supported by the Brand Director, you will plan key activities and budgets to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers.
- Market intelligence — you will become the expert on buyers, who are they, how they buy, what’s their process and what matters to them.
- Understanding the competitive landscape.
- Designing the message – you will collaborate with product management and marketing communications to develop product positioning and messaging that resonate with target buyers.
- Developing collateral – you will work with suppliers, to development appropriate brochures, videos, advertising and other marketing collateral.
- Generating products and services leads for the sales team.
- Assessing the effectiveness of the marketing programs.
- Acting as the primary thought leader for the products you support – including potential speaking engagements and written works.
To qualify…You could be a Marketing Manager / Product Marketing Manager / Marketing Executive / Product Marketing Executive / Product Marketer or similar, we don’t mind, as long as your CV demonstrates:
- A University degree 2:1 or higher;
- Some previous software or product marketing experience;
- An understanding of and experience in cloud technologies;
- You are proficient with Microsoft Office;
- You are comfortable using collaboration and CRM tools such as Slack, JIRA and Salesforce;
- You are familiar with marketing tools such as Mailchimp, and Google Analytics;
- You are a super user of networking tools such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram;
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, you are able to prove what is – or isn’t working;
- You are a solid writer;
- Excellent people and persuasion skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties;
- You are a team player!
This is a unique opportunity for a Marketing Manager / Product Marketing Manager to make their mark within a company leading the way in their field. In return, expect training, a competitive salary, a whole bunch of extra benefits as well as a great working environment and tailored career development.