Global Head of Brand
Who we are
Muslim Aid is a British, faith-based international development organisation that provides support to communities around the world affected by disasters, conflict or endemic poverty without regard to their social, religious, or ethnic background.
What you’ll be doing
This new post is pivotal in leading Muslim Aid’s strategic brand and marketing team within the communications department. The Global Head of Brand is a key position within the organisation to assist the Director in ensuring strategic and effective communications, helping to oversee the development and implementation of Muslim Aid’s communications strategy and its alignment with the global Strategic Plan.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, this role supports the Director on all aspects of management and operations and shares management responsibility for team Managers and all marketing / brand personnel - working hand in hand with the Director to oversee the overall function and management of the global brand
The role leads the development and delivery of Muslim Aid’s global brand and marketing strategy. Post re-brand, this role will increase brand recognition, understanding, affinity and preference among professional stakeholders, donors and key segments of the public. Advising partner offices and campaign teams on the implementation of global brand marketing strategy.
The role will create and oversee the implementation of an organisation-wide long-term marketing communications approach using key insights to drive, adapt and evolve the development of our brand and to deliver maximum impact of Muslim Aid’s strategic focus areas. You will work with colleagues on the Communications Leadership Team and across the organisation to bring these to fruition in a highly integrated way.
Who we are looking for
- You will be an exceptional experienced and qualified marketer with proven experience of development and implementation of an organisational brand / marketing strategy.
- Ideally you will have both not for profit and private sector experience with an international organisation.
- You will have worked in relevant commercial, PR or non-profit settings where insight, brand building and marketing communications have been a key element of the role.
- You will have proven experience of developing brand marketing approaches within wider organisational initiatives.
- You will have a firm grasp of ROI having used market research, analysis and audience perception data to shape strategy and improve performance
- And experience of successfully managing large marketing budgets and projects as well as excellent project management skills