The Professional Association Group provides an exciting opportunity for those individuals who love a challenge and are committed to success. Resting on your laurels is not an option when you have the largest portfolio of products to support across Haymarket Business Media!
Currently we are responsible for the delivery of operations to some of the biggest and best Professional Associations in the UK, including the Chartered Institute of Professional and Development and the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply. They have a vision of increasing their reach outside of their current membership base as well as ensuring that the existing portfolio supports members at the highest level, given both People Management and Supply Management are the number one member benefits of both associations.
As Publishing Manager, you'll be responsible for:
- Budget control and financial management - liaise with management accounts and the GBD on budgets and business plans
- Raise client invoices (CIPS and CIPD)
- Checking and approving supplier and contributor invoices for payment
- Support the reporting of digital/audience data and management of exceeding KPI's
- Liaising with internal stakeholders to complete weekly, monthly and annual reporting requirements as per the SLA's
- Management of bad debt through minimising queries
- Completing monthly SLT reports on behalf of the client
- Administrative support including creation of meeting agendas, minuting meetings, arranging travel etc
- Working with editorial to manage contribution sheets, accurate forecasting and working within the overall budget parameters, and reporting to management accounts
- Governance around checking coding for project and BAU costs i.e. CIPD PIP/My Work, CIPS Ibuy
- Liaising with internal teams i.e. Ad and Marketing promo to ensure accurate forecasts, working within budgets, and reporting of costs to management accounts
- Understanding the process of magazine production from page layout, through repro to print and delivery of the final product to support efficiencies
- Effectively help manage client budgets and support cost savings, where appropriate, to ensure that budgets are exceeded
- Collate, manage and report all project costs for existing clients i.e CIPD PIP/My Work, CIPS Ibuy
- Work with the CSD to support new pitches including production of financial reports outlining revenues, costs and contribution
What skills will you currently posses?
- Attention to detail at the highest level - numbers will be your passion!
- Strong ability to be able to manage support the creation and management of financial budgets
- Understanding of systems including Business World
- Ability and confidence to be able to communicate to a number of internal and external stakeholders. Internally this will range from the commercial team to the editorial team while client side it could be their management account or partnership lead
- Strong administrative skills