Technical Web Analyst - Twickenham
For this role, we’re looking for an outstanding Google Analytics all-rounder - someone that can elicit GA requirements from our stakeholders, document and understand them, then work in collaboration with Analytics / UX & BI teams to develop, test and implement the solution and follow up with support and monitoring. Essentially, owning the GA life-cycle.
The role will require both project-based (e.g. tag reviews / new site releases) and ad-hoc work (e.g. troubleshooting existing configurations) to be undertaken.
Given the nature of the role, we’re looking for an individual with a high level of expertise in Google Analytics to ensure that all work is undertaken to the highest of standards across a number of Haymarket properties.
You will also work with a recognised and trusted business partner where you will also become the primary interface for Google Analytics implementation and support engagements.
Analytical and technical
- To be the owner of GA tracking across the Haymarket Automotive properties
- To work with stakeholders and technical teams for analytics implementation work
- Ensure all requirements are understood, documented and validated with client
- To use data sources to investigate tracking and measurement issues
- To ensure analytics setup is fully documented
Project planning and strategy
- For all new requests, identify client objectives and mapping suitable analytics solutions, ensuring that all required performance data can be reliably tracked and reported.
- To be involved in technical aspects of analytics projects, ensuring an integrated approach with other service teams
- Managing timelines for GA project streams
- Setting up QA Process
- To carry out technical audit reports for corrective or advanced GA implementation work
- To write up code change files for implementation work
- To provide technical assistance to colleagues to produce dashboards via APIs
- To deliver update reports to internal clients and present findings in person or via conference calls
- To assist in educating clients and colleagues on the importance of online measurement & provide best practice guidance for technical aspects of analytics
- To collaborate with the design, development and search teams for multi-disciplined project work
- To collaborate with the internal teams to troubleshoot and enhance client reporting and performance measurement through robust analytics implementations
Key Skills and Experience:
- Excellent knowledge in Google Analytics / GTM and Tealium
- Understanding of the technical aspects of web analytics and SEO
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritise effectively
Desirable (but not essential)
- Good working knowledge of cookie behaviour and server-side programming
- (ASP.NET (Visual Basic or C#), ASP, PHP and SQL)
- Experience of Google Cloud Platform
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Ability to relay technical knowledge to internal and external stakeholders with various levels of technical knowledge and at all levels of seniority
- Credible and articulate, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills both client facing and internally
- Ability and eagerness to pass on knowledge to other team members
- Ability to define and develop improved working practices
- Innovative and creative, with a logical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Meticulous attention to detail, with an overall passion for continual improvement
- Conscientious with a proven ability in using own initiative