Campaigns and Communications Officer
Can you help our client connect with their community by generating and managing engagement with their supporters, fundraisers and campaigning for change?
Job Title: Campaigns and Communications Officer
Contract Length: 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Hours: 37.5 per week Monday to Friday
Line Manager: Fundraising & Business Development Manager
Salary: £20,000 - £22,000
This charity provides a range of services including advocacy, welfare rights and debt advice and mindfulness training to vulnerable people in Salford, including those with physical & sensory impairments, learning difficulties, dementia, autism and mental health problems and the over 60s. Their advocacy and advice services currently cover Salford and GMMH specialist services.
A vacancy is available for a Campaigns and Communications Officer (CCO) to play a pivotal role in the successful day to day communications, campaigning and fundraising of the charity. You will help them grow their supporter base by increasing community engagement, improving awareness and understanding of mental health and supporting their fundraising activities.
This creative role will be responsible for online communication including daily social media activities while providing support and expert advice to management levels throughout major campaigns and projects as well as developing and implementing them.
Your main duties and responsibilities shall include but are not limited to:
- Maintain the charity website
- Develop, manage and maintain social media activities
- Adapt and implement national campaigns as appropriate
- Develop, edit and publish public campaigns to challenge stigma
- Contribute to influencing / lobbying campaigns to influence local decision makers
- Build a network of community supporters
- Engage, support and steward community fundraisers
- Ensure confidentiality policies are adhered to at all times
- Research and present campaign ideas to management
- Evaluate and analyse campaign success and response rates
- Develop and implement communication strategies
- Promote engagement into campaign and communications throughout the team
- Write, design and coordinate marketing materials and identify opportunities to reach target audiences.
- Maintain stakeholder databases and develop direct mail campaigns where appropriate.
Candidates will ideally have:
- Experience in a professional marketing / communications role or have equivalent qualifications
- A Passion for using communication skills to make a social impact
- Evidence of previous successful, effective communication activities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills with an advanced, up-to-date knowledge of Social Media and Microsoft Office
- Experience or understanding of a fundraising environment
- The ability to create, implement and oversee strategic plans
- The ability to be creative and innovative with a keen eye for fundraising opportunities
- An enthusiastic and driven personality that has the ability to motivate members of the team
- Capacity to focus in a sensitive working environment
- Motivation, and excellent organisational and time management skills
- Attention to detail and ability to complete tasks fully independently and as part of a team
- Experience of campaigning for social change
- Knowledge of fundraising guidelines, legislation and governance
- Basic image manipulation and graphic design skills
- Basic knowledge of online marketing
Closing Date: 5pm 5th October 2018
To Apply and for More Information:
If you would like to apply and find out more about this position, please click the apply button.
After you have followed the job board process, you will receive an email from us at CHM Recruit containing further instructions and the employer’s application pack/forms.
Our client is committed to achieving equal opportunities in employment and in the services it provides.
The charity welcomes applications from people with lived experience of mental health issues.
No agencies please.