Currently recruiting for a mid-weight Visual Designer role which is best suited to someone with both client side and agency side experience, but one who still has visions to expand on their design skills. This role has the opportunity to impact well known and specialist brands and set the creative standard for their future. This is an opportunity to be part of a growing in-house Experience Design team in a successful publishing and media company in West, London.
The Visual Designer will work collaboratively with UX Architects and Designers, Front End Developers and Product Owners on a regular basis. You should be comfortable guiding a brand vision and be comfortable delivering that on mobile tablet and desktop. Ideally, you will have an understanding and appreciation for User-Centered (evidence based) Design and a curiosity for the unique challenges of designing for mobile and touch.
* An online portfolio demonstrating excellent visual design skills
* Experience applying and demonstrating a user centric approach to projects
* Experience working on the UI for responsive web
* The ability to justify design decisions and confidence to back them with data and insights
* A good understanding of front-end technologies
* Experience working products across multiple channels (web, social, native mobile)
* Experience working to an agile design process, collaborating with other disciplines
Knowledge, Experience & Competencies
The UI Visual Designer should also have the following approach to their work:
* Collaborative & Adaptable - This designer role does not work alone - they must naturally consult with and collaborate with UX Architects, Developers and both projects leads when designing for projects. Must be able and willing to adapt approach to problem solving when presented with unforeseen design challenge. Understands and can work in an agile / iterative delivery process.
* User-centric and Mobile First approach - Understands how to interpret user needs in a mobile-first approach
* Confident in digital & Web Usability - This role requires experience in digital standards like web fonts and accessibility.
* Commercial awareness - Is able to weave in the commercial requirements of Immediate brands into designs.
* Apply best practice design approaches to a variety of brand types
* Deliver both low and high-fidelity designs
* Detail focused
* Understanding of a mobile-first approach
* Confident in building design guidelines to support decisions
* Experienced in digital standards like web fonts and accessibility.
* Sketch, InVision, Illustrator, InDesign), Font Management, MS Office and UX tools (for graphic display)
For a complete spec, please register your interest. We regret only successful applicants will be contacted.