Advertising Strategy Manager
Job title: Advertising Strategy Manager
Responsible to: Global Head of New Business, UMG
Department: Universal Music & Brands, UMG (New Business)
Location of work: Kings Cross, UK
Universal Music Group is the largest music company in the world with 34% market share. The company is fully owned by the Vivendi group (2016 turnover: €10B) and has been one of the first record company to enter the digital space as well as to develop a specific division dedicated to brands called Universal Music & Brands (www . universalmusicandbrands . com). This division provides tailor made entertainment marketing solutions for brands through customer acquisition & retention, sponsorship and endorsement, media offering and currently runs more than 350 major partnerships worldwide.
- Responsible for leading the development of UMGB media offering across all countries (from landscape analysis to business models creation)
- Drive revenues and optimise the existing UMG’s varied assets to deliver significant profit to UMGB through media monetisation
- Develop creative initiatives and new ideas to sell media to brands, develop workshops, pitches and offer them to the UMG&B teams
- Experience working within media and advertising environment
- Experience in a Business Development unit
- Has a large and existing network through media / brand industries
- Excellent negotiation skills, ability to negotiate and close media deals
- Experience in Business-to-Business selling and marketing would be ideal
- Excellent communication/presentation skills
- Ability to work within short timeframes, under pressure and deal with top management
- Good understanding of media, advertising, digital, mobile and social markets
- Foster Teamwork: work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organisational effectiveness
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organisation
- Focused on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organisational parameters with clear KPIs
- Organised: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities. Report regularly.
Diversity and inclusion
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.