We are looking to find an experienced PR Manager to work in house at a rapidly expanding medical business based in Watford. The company specialises in animal medicine and veterinary care so if you have a soft spot for a black lab or an ill-tempered Siamese this could be the ideal role for you.
Reporting into the Head of PR, you will be the driving force behind raising the company’s profile and creating and delivering press and social strategy, conceptualising and executing media events and working on influencer strategy and engagement
We’re looking for a dynamic, creative, commercially-led individual with a strong media network to help deliver ambitious growth targets for 2019 and beyond. You’ll devise effective and creative communications strategies and be responsible for the implementation of the PR and communications plans.
This is an integral role for the business so you’ll need to have existing relationships with broadcast and media journalists, a real passion for the media industry and hands on experience of issues and reputation management.
You will be asked to:
- Oversee the reputation of the brand with all influential third party channels
- Manage media relations and execute the PR plan, development assets and manage PR events
- Run the social channels, monitor and promote commentary across all forums and channels
- Monitor reputation influencing sites - Google, Trustpilot, Vethelpdirect, Glassdoor, Indeed and Facebook
- Develop and plan key commercial partnerships and sponsorships, including launches, activations, joint events
- Own the PR agency relationship
- Create and run all internal communications
You should have
- A strong PR and media relations background, either in house or agency side.
- Self-motivation, with an excellent academic record and strong writing experience
- Able to meet tight deadlines and work in a pressurised environment
- A friendly, highly motivated, creative and ambitious approach
- Drive, with a good eye for detail, but still a team player who can develop relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
This is a superb opportunity to take the helm of the day to day PR activity of a rapidly growing business.